PDA

View Full Version : Try before you buy?

cfs123
Aug 9, 2010, 06:13 AM
App Advice mentioned that Apple came out with an app in the app store named "try Before You Buy". They mentioned that Apple came out with this app to try to decrease the amount of jailbreakers out there.

I went t the app store under featured, where app advice said to go and nothing. I then looked it up online and found out it is only for the iPhone.

What is going on with Apple leaving the iPad out. Or will it be out soon? Anyone know about this?

Cfs123

spammerhamster
Aug 9, 2010, 07:09 AM
I'd say that's probably because there are next to none "lite"-versions of ipad specific apps.

What good is a "try before you buy"-section when there aren't enough lite apps to fill one page.

shadowness
Aug 9, 2010, 08:06 AM
Not a grain of usefulness in a "try before you buy" section which showcases just a few lite apps with reduced functionality!

Only when a true try before you buy system, where you can try full verism of apps and then commit to buy, will we buyers get true value!

But I highly doubt whether apple would "kill the goose" laying golden eggs, with so many people buying apps just to find out wether they like it. It's one heck of a big revenue source for apple!

Dusse
Aug 9, 2010, 08:16 AM
But I highly doubt whether apple would "kill the goose" laying golden eggs, with so many people buying apps just to find out wether they like it. It's one heck of a big revenue source for apple!

Nah, it doesn't make Apple any money worth mentioning. But of course the developers like it.

cfs123
Aug 9, 2010, 11:17 AM
Not a grain of usefulness in a "try before you buy" section which showcases just a few lite apps with reduced functionality!

Only when a true try before you buy system, where you can try full verism of apps and then commit to buy, will we buyers get true value!

Oh! Is that all it is. I guess I just assumed that one could try the full version. Thanks for the clarification.

RonShort
Aug 10, 2010, 12:49 PM
Is there the possibility of developers to allow a trial time before requiring a purchase?

So you could download and use the full functionality for a limited time to see if you like/want/need the app...

wackymacky
Aug 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
I wish there was a proper try and buy system for some apps I would be interested in that are >$20.00.

I don't mind wasing a couple of bucks now and then buying an app that turns out not to do what I want but more that that and it would be good to have a trial of say 72h to decide if you want it.

bluespark
Aug 14, 2010, 07:45 PM

Apple may view it that way, but there are *many* apps that I don't touch, just because I'm not sure I need them. In my case, at least, a try-before-you-buy section would result in more purchases.

socialfactory
Aug 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
This "only available in specific countries" is just bs. Why not just release it for everybody to have fun with it. Ridiculous

DKatri
Aug 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
Lite apps as a try before you buy is stupid.

when my iPad was jailbroken I had installous which I used as a try before you buy tool, I know most people dont but at least you can actually see if the app is worth your time.