PDA

View Full Version : Pulse reader now only $1.99 for a limited time!

shadowness
Aug 9, 2010, 09:08 AM
Pulse reader on sale on iPhone, iPad and android platforms 50% off!

Source: appshopper.com

iFerd
Aug 9, 2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the pointer. The sale pushed me over my inertia and I bought it. Pretty nice!

Night Spring
Aug 9, 2010, 11:05 AM
Be nice if announcements like this included short description of what the app does. That way I could tell if it's worth the bother to check it out in the app store.

Seamaster
Aug 9, 2010, 11:29 AM
Pulse is a nice idea, but it's strictly for those new to RSS.

RSS junkies often have hundreds of feeds which Pulse can't handle, and the lack of Google sync is a total deal-breaker. There's also an obvious flaw in the whole Pulse philosophy: RSS is about text. It doesn't matter how funky your graphics are, feeds are words.

I fooled around with it for a while. It's not for me. FWIW, I've tried every RSS app out there, and I always come back to Newsrack.

shadowness
Aug 9, 2010, 11:50 AM
Pulse is a nice idea, but it's strictly for those new to RSS.

RSS junkies often have hundreds of feeds which Pulse can't handle, and the lack of Google sync is a total deal-breaker. There's also an obvious flaw in the whole Pulse philosophy: RSS is about text. It doesn't matter how funky your graphics are, feeds are words.

I fooled around with it for a while. It's not for me. FWIW, I've tried every RSS app out there, and I always come back to Newsrack.

Exactly! Those are my exact thoughts about pulse!
I strictly use them for photography related feeds only,
My go to app so far is reeder for all my rss fix.

Aug 9, 2010, 12:57 PM
Have it but use early edition think it much better then pulse.

iFerd
Aug 9, 2010, 02:34 PM
the lack of Google sync is a total deal-breaker.It does sync both ways with Google Reader in the edition I downloaded today. Is that what you meant? Or something else?