Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Pulse reader on sale on iPhone, iPad and android platforms 50% off!

Source: appshopper.com

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks for the pointer. The sale pushed me over my inertia and I bought it. Pretty nice!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Be nice if announcements like this included short description of what the app does. That way I could tell if it's worth the bother to check it out in the app store.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Pulse is a nice idea, but it's strictly for those new to RSS.

RSS junkies often have hundreds of feeds which Pulse can't handle, and the lack of Google sync is a total deal-breaker. There's also an obvious flaw in the whole Pulse philosophy: RSS is about text. It doesn't matter how funky your graphics are, feeds are words.

I fooled around with it for a while. It's not for me. FWIW, I've tried every RSS app out there, and I always come back to Newsrack.

shadowness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Pulse is a nice idea, but it's strictly for those new to RSS.

RSS junkies often have hundreds of feeds which Pulse can't handle, and the lack of Google sync is a total deal-breaker. There's also an obvious flaw in the whole Pulse philosophy: RSS is about text. It doesn't matter how funky your graphics are, feeds are words.

I fooled around with it for a while. It's not for me. FWIW, I've tried every RSS app out there, and I always come back to Newsrack.

Exactly! Those are my exact thoughts about pulse!
I strictly use them for photography related feeds only,
My go to app so far is reeder for all my rss fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.