Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voodoofish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
London

Attachments

• timeforachange468UK.gif
    timeforachange468UK.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 100

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
"Time for a change," a very catchy phrase. I'm sure that the "mate" works very well in Britain. The iPod and iTMS is definitely a good way to introduce people to Apple. More advertising to mass media is needed.

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
When Apple and ibm get control, and expand?, their production of G5's and Macs then they should start advertising the ibook's/imac's to the public, i could probably see them advertising the imac as it represents everything Apple - as they did with the G4's.
Right now it would be a waste of money and time as people would just get more frustrated with shipping delays etc

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i read yesterday (according to an independent research company) that 9% of new iPod users from the past year have switched to the mac. 9%! thats pretty good doing, they also said that they predicted apples stock to rise to $100 a pop.

autopilot

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2004
Toronto
stevehaslip said:
i read yesterday (according to an independent research company) that 9% of new iPod users from the past year have switched to the mac. 9%! thats pretty good doing, they also said that they predicted apples stock to rise to $100 a pop.

it'll be interesting to see what the stats are another year from now. especially with the ipod's continued popularity and the spread of iTMS across the world.

sloooooooowly... :eek:

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I'm one of the switchers!
I had thought about switching in and off for ages... several years - but didn't.

Bought my 3G 40GB iPod the day that iTunes for Windows was released in Oct 2003... and then switched in June 2004.

Best thing I have ever done!

Oh yeah and have talked three friends into switching as well...
and convinced another half a dozen to go buy an iPod!

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
DJY said:
I'm one of the switchers!
I had thought about switching in and off for ages... several years - but didn't.

Bought my 3G 40GB iPod the day that iTunes for Windows was released in Oct 2003... and then switched in June 2004.

Best thing I have ever done!

Oh yeah and have talked three friends into switching as well...
and convinced another half a dozen to go buy an iPod!

I went through the same path...well bought an ibook g3 366mhz with 0S 9.2, thought it was rubbish, bought an ipod followed by an ibook with Panther thought Wow this is incredible and have now bought an imac. I have also convinced three of my friends to get an ipod, instead of the other rubbish on the market, but they are being stubborn on keeping their Pc's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.