PDA

View Full Version : [GRAB IT WHILE U CAN] CineXPlayer – The best way to enjoy your Xvid movies

shadowness
Aug 9, 2010, 12:12 PM
This is one of those apps that everybody needs, but stevie would not like!!!
so grab it while you can, the days are mostly numbered for this app!

Description
Watch your Xvid movies on your iPad !

You love to watch your movies anywhere, anytime and take them with you on your iPad. But you realized that some of the most popular movie file formats (such as Xvid) won’t synch or play on your iPad ?

CineXPlayer is the solution for you!
-Transfer your Xvid movies to your device instantly (no conversion needed)
-Play your movies anywhere, anytime - even when you have no Internet connection (in a train, a car, a plane…)
-Enjoy the full quality and cinema experience
- Full Resume Function
- Swipe to Delete (to manage movies)

CineXPlayer plays Xvid movies and we endeavor to support most popular formats. You may occasionally come across an Xvid movie you will not be able to play. Please use our support contact if you encounter such a problem. (mkv , AC3 format not supported currently)

Appstore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id384098375?mt=8#

Dev link: http://cinexplayer.com/

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/045/Purple/f4/ab/7a/mzl.slrienyt.480x480-75.jpg

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/052/Purple/cf/0b/b7/mzl.tgcusmhl.480x480-75.jpg

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/051/Purple/e6/95/01/mzl.jxsgdyso.480x480-75.jpg

Kahnyl
Aug 9, 2010, 12:17 PM
Why would Apple not like this? Does it execute code or something?

BrennerM
Aug 9, 2010, 12:34 PM
I agree, I don't see why Apple would care. If someone created an app to view .VSD Visio files (for example) they wouldn't care, so what's wrong with an AVI file viewer?

The bigger question is : how much battery does this consume compared to the built-in video player? I'm betting it burns through the battery much more quickly, but hopefully I am proven wrong!

fifi77
Aug 9, 2010, 12:40 PM
It's a good app, but I've noticed a couple of problems with it. Firstly, it doesn't play all .avi files and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why. Secondly, I've noticed that a back up takes FOREVER when the app contains any content. It might just be me, but it's definitely this app that's causing it. As soon as I remove the app & its content, the back up goes back to taking just a few seconds.

Other than that, it's great!

alhasa
Aug 9, 2010, 12:47 PM
How is this not front page news???!!??

sapporobaby
Aug 9, 2010, 12:56 PM
I call FUD on the OP. Prove that Apple does not like the App.

shadowness
Aug 9, 2010, 01:21 PM

maybe you are right! but i think the screenshot alone would be cause for the pull from appstore!

even engadget(source) and gizmodo are speculating that it may be pulled.

may be pulled, may be left for ever, but it wont hurt to download it now if you need it!

Dammit Cubs
Aug 9, 2010, 01:30 PM
Is that the fast and furious 4?

Pared
Aug 9, 2010, 01:41 PM
This absolutely sucks.

ImNoSuperMan
Aug 9, 2010, 01:45 PM

Its not just coincidence that there's not ONE app that does it so far. I am not a dev and havent read the rules about it but I'll be really surprised if it doesnt get pulled soon.

GadgetX
Aug 9, 2010, 01:56 PM
How is this any different than OPlayer HD? I've been using it to watch .AVI's for weeks now. Works great, although not free.

highdefjunkie
Aug 9, 2010, 01:58 PM
I've tried about 10 different AVI's and only one worked.

scottmillar28
Aug 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
YXPlayer and OPlayer Hd both do this but its software decoding so doesnt work that great and to echo someone else adding files like this cause backups to take hours for me, not worth the hassle............

Havent tried this one though so will give it a go..

Seamaster
Aug 9, 2010, 02:09 PM
AirVideo, FTW.

aohus
Aug 9, 2010, 02:16 PM
AirVideo, FTW.
+1, but this is a bit different as it does not require wifi/internet connection to view movies.

Dammit Cubs
Aug 9, 2010, 02:37 PM
I loaded an entire season of how I met your mother and only 10 of the 22 episodes worked.

Hey I'll take A cup boobs if there aren't any B cups and C cups. But eventually, I WANT TO MOVE UP!!!!

NoStopN
Aug 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
Got it. Don't know what I'm going to do with it. I don't have an iPad yet. But, just in case Apple decides that they don't like it, I'll still have it.

klover
Aug 12, 2010, 12:50 PM
Nice touch including a screenshot of a pirated film :)

nineohtoo
Aug 16, 2010, 04:34 AM
Anyone still having issues with certain files. Barely any of my TV shows work. Having to convert them sucks.

sapporobaby
Aug 16, 2010, 04:43 AM
Anyone still having issues with it? I ran my files that didn't work through MKVTools. It only takes a few minutes, but it's still kind of a hassle. I know the app is free, but it kinda sucks that some conversion is still needed.

I stopped bothering with it after I saw that it would not play much of what I had. I even converted to an .avi file specically and it did not play. For some it might be ok but for me it is not worth the time it take to download it.

ElZeus
Sep 11, 2010, 12:26 PM
Updated to 1.2 it now plays all my xvid avis. :cool:.

nineohtoo
Sep 13, 2010, 05:05 AM
^Same here. Now I don't need to use air video all the time :D

VideoBeagle
Sep 13, 2010, 11:00 AM
I've been less successful in my tests of it. Some of them play, some don't...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1012979

(in the report there, I compare various players, like CineXPlayer and OPlayer with 26 video files)

oli356
Sep 13, 2010, 11:53 AM
I love this app.. plus with the new update it should work with more files though.

Also there is Oplayer? i think its called. Which also does other file types such as mkv.

vertigo235
Sep 13, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hopefully VLC will be out soon.

japanime
Sep 13, 2010, 07:29 PM
I tried CineXPlayer, and while it wasn't bad, I still prefer Air Video. Yes, you have to host your AVIs on your main computer, but I find that it handles on-the-fly streaming with ease. There's a free version, too (which is the one I use).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-video-watch-your-videos/id306550020?mt=8

hitekalex
Oct 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Looks like the just released version of CineXPlayer supports inter-application file exchange.. So now you can wirelessly transfer the videos from your PC into CineXPlayer via GoodReader. No need for USB cables, cool.

I find this solution to be vastly superior to Air Video - (a) there is no transcoding involved, (b) you don't need to run a server on your PC, and (c) you can play the videos anywhere, without Internet access.

sinsin07
Oct 14, 2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like the just released version of CineXPlayer supports inter-application file exchange.. So now you can wirelessly transfer the videos from your PC into CineXPlayer via GoodReader. No need for USB cables, cool.

I find this solution to be vastly superior to Air Video - (a) there is no transcoding involved, (b) you don't need to run a server on your PC, and (c) you can play the videos anywhere, without Internet access.

Vastly superior is subjective. I like having access to my gigs and gigs of movies anytime, anywhere.

Wouldn't the transfer be faster with USB? This can be useful on occasion, but it would seem more efficient to perform one step than two.

scar88
Oct 14, 2010, 11:07 PM
downloaded it when it first came out but couldnt get any of my .avi to work but now everyhting works and also like the fact you can open files from other apps in the player. also noticed they are charging now for the app which is good but realy think apple should have added this kind of functionality in the first place.