Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theenigmat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
Hey everyone!

This is a logo I was asked to make for my church's Children's Ministry. We are looking for a simple design that integrates the color orange. Is there anything I should/could do to this logo to make it better? The font can not be changed but if you have a serious problem with it, let me know.

I have come to these forums before for advice/input and I've always valued the suggestions!

Mat

Attachments

• Anona Kids Logo v.1 web.jpg
    Anona Kids Logo v.1 web.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 116

Inakto

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
toronto
on first sight I am impressed. However on closer inspection i found a couple spots where the lighter orange overlaps, creating a darker orange. If you want to keep the layout I would suggest making it all one shade. However its not a big issue and some people might like it that way.

VictoriaStudent

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Hey everyone!

This is a logo I was asked to make for my church's Children's Ministry. We are looking for a simple design that integrates the color orange. Is there anything I should/could do to this logo to make it better? The font can not be changed but if you have a serious problem with it, let me know.

I have come to these forums before for advice/input and I've always valued the suggestions!

Mat

what's the purpose of the logo? Web? Print?

and, what idea (beyond conveying the color orange) is behind the logo?

other than that...I kind of like it, but feel it's also kind of missing something....dynamic, if that's the right word. Overall, tho', it's simple, clean & nice.

One star is enough.

think yer onto something.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 87
  • one star in sight.jpg
    one star in sight.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 95

theenigmat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
on first sight I am impressed. However on closer inspection i found a couple spots where the lighter orange overlaps, creating a darker orange. If you want to keep the layout I would suggest making it all one shade. However its not a big issue and some people might like it that way.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll shift the background stars around a bit.

what's the purpose of the logo? Web? Print?

All that and more. :) T-shirts, web, print... Video? For t-shirts I've decided to take out the background stars and leave the main star, but for web and print, I like the texture of the background stars.

and, what idea (beyond conveying the color orange) is behind the logo?

This logo will be the "brand" for all our Children's Ministry activities at Anona. So our pre-school programs, sunday school, kid's choir and nursery programs will all fall under the brand of "Anona Kids". There will be separate logos for the individual programs but they will all be placed under the logo for "Anona Kids." It's similar to walking into Best Buy and going to the Electronics, Mobile Devices, or Laptops section. It's all one brand, "Best Buy" but different aspects of the brand.

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll shift the background stars around a bit.

All that and more. :) T-shirts, web, print... Video? For t-shirts I've decided to take out the background stars and leave the main star, but for web and print, I like the texture of the background stars.

This logo will be the "brand" for all our Children's Ministry activities at Anona. So our pre-school programs, sunday school, kid's choir and nursery programs will all fall under the brand of "Anona Kids". There will be separate logos for the individual programs but they will all be placed under the logo for "Anona Kids." It's similar to walking into Best Buy and going to the Electronics, Mobile Devices, or Laptops section. It's all one brand, "Best Buy" but different aspects of the brand.

The negative space below the star is rather dead. Consider dropping the star between the two words. The logo will feel much more settled if you work at making all the space around each letter and star elements equal -- as if they all have the same amount of water "filling" each space.

theenigmat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
Thank you all so much for the help! We are going to go with a plain background, no extra stars.

When we start designing some logos for other aspects of the church (we are in a re-branding phase) I'll being them by here if y'all don't object.

Mat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.