PDA

View Full Version : Is Cydia down right now?

KentuckyHouse
Aug 9, 2010, 02:29 PM
Whenever I pull up Cydia, I get this message:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/kentuckyhouse/db7acc76.jpg

After that, it tells me certain repos aren't loading. And if I go to search, it doesn't do anything when typing in even names of apps I've already got.

I'm figuring it's just down right now, but I've never seen that message above, so I figured I'd ask.

ChiliBlue
Aug 9, 2010, 02:34 PM
Working for me right now. I've never seen that error message before.

Mystikal
Aug 9, 2010, 02:36 PM
Working for me right now. I've never seen that error message before.

Same.

The General
Aug 9, 2010, 02:50 PM
The only parts of "Cydia" that can be down are the SHSH server and the homepage that shows up when you open Cydia.

Applejuiced
Aug 9, 2010, 02:51 PM
The only parts of "Cydia" that can be down are the SHSH server and the homepage that shows up when you open Cydia.

Exactly.
It doesnt look like its cydia, there's something wrong maybe with one of your repos or packages installed.

KentuckyHouse
Aug 9, 2010, 02:52 PM
I've got a sinking feeling it's a conflict between Rock and Cydia. I installed something from Rock the other day (I can't remember what it was, though). They've been playing fine together since it was installed, but now I'm thinking that's where the problem is.

I even tried deleting the Rock App and while it deleted the icon, it gave me the message that the app wasn't deleted.

Crap...I just got my phone set up where I wanted it. I'm really hoping I don't have to do a restore now. :(

KentuckyHouse
Aug 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
Another thing I noticed...after I clear that error message in the OP, it doesn't show the "This device has SHSHs on file for 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1" in green up at the top of the screen.

Weird.

Applejuiced
Aug 9, 2010, 02:55 PM
Thats why I dont install both.
There will always be conflicts with 2 installers running together adding and removing packages etc...

jmellens
Aug 9, 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm also getting the same error in Cydia. I tried removing Rock, but that didn't accomplish anything.

KentuckyHouse
Aug 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
jmellens, when you tried to delete Rock, did it give you some message about it not being able to be uninstalled (but the app icon is gone anyway)?

I have no clue what to do. I can't get Cydia to work at all. I can't remove Rock, apparently. I seriously don't want to have to do a restore, but I'm not sure what else to do.

haenchensd
Aug 9, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm also getting the same error in Cydia.

+1

after search I have tried the following:
editing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
editing /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist
deleting sources from /var/lib/apt/lists

still no luck, same error everytime I start Cydia.

KentuckyHouse
Aug 9, 2010, 04:10 PM
Alright, so it's not just me having this issue, so that makes me feel better. But I'm still thinking it's a conflict between Rock and Cydia and, unfortunately, Cydia lost this battle.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove Rock (since the removal didn't work)? BTW, unfortunately for me, I don't really know how to do the SSH into the phone stuff, so that's not gonna help me...lol. That's something I REALLY need to do some reading on.

I'll wait to do a restore until later tonight just in case someone comes along with another fix. Everything else is working just fine.

Sixpack446
Aug 9, 2010, 10:17 PM
I had the same problem today. I found this post and it worked. The icausefx repo was causing this problem for me.
http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=211037

KentuckyHouse
Aug 10, 2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks, man...that's a useful post right there. :cool: