Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
InCase Snap – Clear review:

Initial impressions – Nice packaging, includes a dual angled iPhone stand, and thin.

Ok, this is my first official review to start off. I really think this case is nice, it provides decent protection, while still being able to access all the iPhone’s switches and ports. The case is crystal clear, and around the flash hole is lined with something that is black in color to diminish the flash issues found on other clear-ish cases. The case protects the entire back of the phone. Some things I don’t like about it are: no lip like the rubber bumpers so I feel like I’m worried at any moment the phone is going to pop out of the case. Overall I think I like this case better than my Griffin Reveal so far that I’ve been using for a few weeks, simply because it shows off more of the phone while still offering protection for the back, and sides. If you are a person who likes rubber on cases for extra grip, then this case is not for you. If you want access to all of your switches, buttons and ports on your iPhone while not sacrificing looks or back protection then this may be the case for you. I have the SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector on the front and the case does not peel or bubble up the edges and still fits perfectly fine. In summary, I highly recommend this case, the pros far outweigh the cons for me, and maybe they will for you too.

Pros: Included dual angle stand
Flash Ring prevents glare on photos
Thin
Clear
Ability to use 3rd party cables and headphones
Access to volume buttons, mute switch, and sleep/wake button easily

Cons: No lip to secure the phone more tightly, fear of the phone popping out

Pics:
dsc04526m.jpg
dsc04527.jpg

dsc04528.jpg
dsc04529gg.jpg

dsc04530c.jpg
dsc04531c.jpg

dsc04532j.jpg
dsc04533v.jpg

dsc04534c.jpg
dsc04535o.jpg

dsc04536j.jpg

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Nice review, seems like a solid case. I'm guessing it fingerprints quite easily but correct me if I'm wrong.

I will say though that if you didn't get this through the Apple program and you had to pay $35, it doesn't seem like it'd be worth it. It looks almost identical to clear cases like IvySkin's Reception (minus the flash ring) which is $20 cheaper.

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Thanks for the review and pics. :)

This is what I have coming from Apple and I wasn't to sure about it but now I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder how a gelaskin would work with the case?

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Nice review, seems like a solid case. I'm guessing it fingerprints quite easily but correct me if I'm wrong.

I will say though that if you didn't get this through the Apple program and you had to pay $35, it doesn't seem like it'd be worth it. It looks almost identical to clear cases like IvySkin's Reception (minus the flash ring) which is $20 cheaper.

Thanks, and yeah the back shows smudges and fingerprints pretty fast, but no biggie for me.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Yeah I think one of the foregone conclusions with any clear case is that it's going to pick up fingerprints which you either live with or you don't. Like you, it doesn't bother me a lot mostly because it's the back of the phone. But if somebody comes along and makes a clear case that doesn't fingerprint badly, I'll be all over it :)

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I had no clue it came with a stand and wanted one for my iPhone anyways for plane trips, so this makes it even more worth while! :cool:

pikkashoe

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
If you put the phone face down, does the case provide protection, or will the screen make contact with the surface?

I cant tell from the pictures. Looks nice the case. I have the same one coming from Apple as well.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
If you put the phone face down, does the case provide protection, or will the screen make contact with the surface?

I cant tell from the pictures. Looks nice the case. I have the same one coming from Apple as well.

Yes, it is raised slightly, probably .50 to .75 mm above the screen.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Going to return my Griffin Reveal back to WalMart since I like this case so much so far. Doesn't stick to insides of gym short pockets like the Reveal's rubber sides did.

FaLLeN.Fol2cE

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
Great review! I was hoping someone would post one soon since this is the case I ordered from the apple case program yesterday overall it looks like a solid case.

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
Really regret not going with this case (ordered the Belkin Micra). Does it cause watermarking on the back at all? The Case Mate Nude has bad watermarking and the IvySkin "reception" I have on the way appears to have it worse.

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I was browsing through the net looking for another iphone case, and I came across an awesome site that had a variety of selections to choose from. Check it out at cretouch.com. I love their tender blue ultra thin case. Too bad it's out of stock...;; Great deal too.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Really regret not going with this case (ordered the Belkin Micra). Does it cause watermarking on the back at all? The Case Mate Nude has bad watermarking and the IvySkin "reception" I have on the way appears to have it worse.

As long as your free case hasn't shipped yet, you should be able to call Apple and change your selection if you really want to.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Update: Just got back from the gym and the case held up great (lifting, not running). I think the gym can be one of the worst environments for a phone so I'm pleased so far!

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Ordered the Mirca, but i want to switch. What's the part number for this case?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Thanks for putting that up, I'm changing my Reveal to this case, looks a lot simple, and I like it more.

LOL you haven't even seen the Belkin yet, theres only one pic on the net of it, and you know it looks better? Bro, they're like the same exact style case....hahahah

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
LOL you haven't even seen the Belkin yet, theres only one pic on the net of it, and you know it looks better? Bro, they're like the same exact style case....hahahah

Is this sarcasm? lol The Reveal has been out since the iPhone 4 launch basically.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I'm confused with your reply. What Belkin are you talking about? :confused:

I ordered the Griffin Reveal Etch and just changed it to Incase Snap Clear case.

EDIT: I think you might have quoted the wrong reply iphone1105.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.