PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first issue of MacWorld yesterday! :)

Shrek
Aug 20, 2002, 01:43 PM
And I have to say that so far, I'm quite impressed with the magazine. I thought it was gonna be for techy types or something, but I was dead wrong. Everything is easy to understand and very informative. This magazine makes for a quick read, so you don't have to waste time reading it. I've already read the whole MacBeat section as well as some other articles. I like it. :)

I'm expecting to receive my first issue of MacAddict in the mail shortly (as a matter of fact it may already be here, as I haven't checked the mail today :p). I also plan to pick up an issue of MacHome (at the store) soon, and I'd like to subscribe to Inside Mac Games.

Comments? :rolleyes:

Wes
Aug 20, 2002, 02:11 PM
Are you magazine addicted?

Shrek
Aug 20, 2002, 02:19 PM
Um, no. Just trying things out as so to speak. ;)

bousozoku
Aug 20, 2002, 02:49 PM
You're forgotten MacDesign (graphics) and MacTech (programming). :D

Wes
Aug 20, 2002, 02:54 PM
To be honest I never knew there were that many mac magazines.

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 20, 2002, 03:05 PM
a word of warning if you are new to macworld. so not take anything they say too seriously. do not use their product recommendations without checking with a real person first. MacWorld is riddled with incorrect information. i merely consider myself a machobbyist not a professional or anything but even i can see dozens of major errors in every macworld issue. it makes it painful to read since i read it knowing people will read this and beleive what they are reading. MacWorld is basically just poorly researched and very superficial. Hopefully since they are a magazine and therefore always about a month out of date yo will be able to pick up on the big mistakes by reading stuff online. Whoever is editor of MacWorld urgently needs to be fired. Reading MacWorld is like taking a test and finding a trick question. You think well I found it but how many of my friends are going to be fooled by this one.

please dont be fooled.

Shrek
Aug 20, 2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bousozoku
You're forgotten MacDesign (graphics) and MacTech (programming). :D

I don't do graphics and programming, so. . . No.

Shrek
Aug 20, 2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
a word of warning if you are new to macworld. so not take anything they say too seriously. do not use their product recommendations without checking with a real person first. MacWorld is riddled with incorrect information. i merely consider myself a machobbyist not a professional or anything but even i can see dozens of major errors in every macworld issue. it makes it painful to read since i read it knowing people will read this and beleive what they are reading. MacWorld is basically just poorly researched and very superficial. Hopefully since they are a magazine and therefore always about a month out of date yo will be able to pick up on the big mistakes by reading stuff online. Whoever is editor of MacWorld urgently needs to be fired. Reading MacWorld is like taking a test and finding a trick question. You think well I found it but how many of my friends are going to be fooled by this one.

please dont be fooled.

Thanks for the tip. :rolleyes:

MacMaster
Aug 20, 2002, 07:08 PM
...and I like it.:) It's a good read.:D I especially liked the article on bluetooth in this month's issue!:)

kibit
Aug 20, 2002, 07:24 PM
Well I gave up my macworld subscription when I discovered that subscribers don't get the monthy CD. You have to buy it on the newstand toget the disc. I think MacAddict is the better choice. Just my .02 :)

zed
Aug 20, 2002, 07:24 PM
i have a hard time reading mac magazines now that im addicted to surfing the mac sites (especially this one :P) I do however like macDesign a witty yet informative mag.

Shrek
Aug 21, 2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MacMaster
...and I like it.:) It's a good read.:D I especially liked the article on bluetooth in this month's issue!:)

Well, at least someone agrees with me. :)

Macmaniac
Aug 21, 2002, 08:23 PM
You should have gotten MacAddict! MacWorld is more of a PC mag(It looks like one it does not have funk type and a eacky mascot) I do like to pick it up for a read but I don't buy it. Only issuse I have is the one from MWNY.
Enjoy it is a good mag, add MacAddict to your reading if u want a laugh.

(Steals Shrek's pants) UGH AN OGRE!

Shrek
Aug 21, 2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac (Steals Shrek's pants) UGH AN OGRE!

That's right, I'm a BIG GREEN UGLY OGRE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gay dude.

"First Trespasser: Ok, let's get it!

Second Trespasser: WAIT! Do you know what that thing will do to you?

Third Trespasser: Ya, it'll break your bones with it's breath.

Shrek: (Sneaking up from behind) Well actually, that would be a giant. Now ogre's, there even worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly pilled skin! Squeeze your liver! Squeeze the jelly from your eyes! Actually, it's quite good on toast."

All Trespassers: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Shrek: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Whispers: This is the part where you run away.

Trespassers: (Run away screaming)

--Quote from the movie, Shrek

Macmaniac
Aug 22, 2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Shrek

Gay dude. Shrek

No worries its just an old Macrumors joke(Really old the days of Spikey)
No fear I am far from gay, give me my women!

topicolo
Aug 22, 2002, 09:11 AM
hey shrek, you're an ogRE, not an ogER. Oger sounds like 'ogger'

King Cobra
Aug 22, 2002, 09:37 AM
The first time I saw "ogre" was in second grade. Apparantly, you need an older woman to protect strangers from going into your room. :D :rolleyes:

MacWorld is boring, flat out. If you get a real great deal on it, like 10 cents per issue, go for it. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, give my greetings to Max and MacAddict. :p

peterjhill
Aug 22, 2002, 10:07 AM
Macworld is pretty lame for the price at the newstand. Even the subscription price is pushing it. With all of the free information you can get online, the only time I have a subscription to macworld is when I purchase something from apple that gets me the magazine for free. I enjoy macaddict a bit more, but have not had a subscription for a while. I think computer magazine publishers are probably having the hardest time coping with the Internet and web.

One thing that has driven me crazy about macworld, is that the subscriptors get their issue sometimes a week after the magazine is in the newstands. I find that completely annoying.

mnkeybsness
Aug 22, 2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac

No worries its just an old Macrumors joke(Really old the days of Spikey)

i took a leave of absence from the rumor sites around november last year....whatever happened to spikey? i really hated him, but loved to argue with him.

Shrek
Aug 22, 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by topicolo
hey shrek, you're an ogRE, not an ogER. Oger sounds like 'ogger'

Ok, I have edited my ogre post. ;)

King Cobra
Aug 22, 2002, 11:38 AM
>(mnkeybsness) i took a leave of absence from the rumor sites around november last year....whatever happened to spikey? i really hated him, but loved to argue with him.

Spikey was banned because of his intense flame posts (worse than mine) and graphic language, completely inappropriate for the forums.

http://www.riaa.com/graphics/PA1.gif