Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
its really all personal opinion/ what kind of case you want. I really like the book design and I feel the incipio kickstand or the griffin elan passport fits my criteria nicely.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I really love my Belkin Grip Vue. it doesn't add to much bulk but it's protected my iPad perfectly since launch day. Not a scratch on it.

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
I'm waiting for my iSkin Vu to arrive.
It's a mix of TPU and Hard Case. It retails for 64.99, but it's much cheaper on other places online. I've seen some great reviews. I already have a TPU Case, much like the Belkin Grip Vue. I like the material.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I vote for the Apple case: it's thin (barely adds any thickness), light, easy to grip, makes the iPad easy to hold, and props up multiple ways. It gets dusty (marks on the surface), but they wipe off with a damp cloth easily.

But it really depends on what you're looking for in a case: style, protection, versatility, etc. They all have their plusses and minuses.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I've been looking around as well as I'm planning to buy cover for mine in the next week. My other iPad had a small dent on the back and quite a bit of scratches, got it replaced due to light leakage and want to keep this one looking new. Found these that interested me from engadget and gizmodo review's.

http://gizmodo.com/5597000/review-in-case-convertible-book-case-for-ipad

and

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/03/a-tale-of-two-ipad-cases-the-dodocase-and-m-edge-trip-jacket/

what do you guys thinks?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Belkin grip vue + power support antiglare is the best combo available. Protection + grip - bulk = awesome

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Belkin grip vue + power support antiglare is the best combo available. Protection + grip - bulk = awesome

thing is, I'm gonna be carrying around the iPad in my backpack and I don't think something like this will protect it.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

This is what I use as well. Perfect protection.

When I need to take it with me, I use an Incase Netbook Sleeve. It's almost exactly the same as the iPad-specific case, but it opens on the side instead of on top, and it's around 1/2 inch longer. I modded it by adding a shoulder strap to it so I don't need to put it in a bag.......

Attachments

• P1000323.JPG
    P1000323.JPG
    917.7 KB · Views: 145

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
thing is, I'm gonna be carrying around the iPad in my backpack and I don't think something like this will protect it.

I have a Grip Vue and carry my iPad in a Timbuk2 man purse (yes, you heard me, MAN PURSE). More than enough protection, IMHO.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I have a Grip Vue and carry my iPad in a Timbuk2 man purse (yes, you heard me, MAN PURSE). More than enough protection, IMHO.

Lol. What are your thoughts though if I have it in my backpack with folders and a book or two. From what I've seen, the Grip Vue doesn't offer much protection for the screen, or am I mistaken?

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I don't think the apple iPad case protects it if you drop it.

It offers some protection. It's not padded, but it does have ridged edges that would absorb some impact from the sides. That said, it's very grippy and the iPad is not heavy, so I've never dropped it or even "almost" dropped it. I've carried books around for years and unless I'm carrying a bunch of heavy ones with slippery covers, I never feel like their going to spontaneously leap out of my hand. So the iPad feels totally secure, but I suppose it depends how clumsy you are.

Keyuyi

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Burnaby,BC
I just got Grip Vue (clear) for my iPad at Best Buy today. I really like it. I was using Apple iPad Case but I wanted to see the back of the iPad so. just my opinion

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I use my grip vue with my belkin pleated iPad sleeve when I take it with me. it provides more than enough protection and i like the fact that the sleeve has an extra zipper pouch to carry around a charger/iPod if need be.

pumazooma

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
UK
I use my grip vue with my belkin pleated iPad sleeve when I take it with me. it provides more than enough protection and i like the fact that the sleeve has an extra zipper pouch to carry around a charger/iPod if need be.

I've got the Belkin pleated case too. Very neat and the expandable pocket is perfect for headphones, cables and power blocks. Very pleased with it.

pdhahn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Poconos, PA
I'm using the Otterbox Commuter case and so far I love it. It does add a little weight, but my iPad feels nice and safe with it on. It adds protection while still looking fairly stylish.

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010

thats the same combo ive decided to go with, adding in MoviePegs for watching videos/typing

Nicolle Casey

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Portsmouth, NH
iPad sleeve

It seems first you need good protection for your iPad!
I'm curious how do you guys keep your iPad screen clean.. I had a problem with the smudge marks and started looking for a sleeve - this is how I came up with the idea of iShine microfiber sleeve for the iPad. Let me know if you want to try it!

Nicolle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.