Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
I am pulling my hair out and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased an airport Express a couple months ago. Fantastic. Use it to wirelessly stream music from my laptop iTunes to my stereo. No problems. Out of the blue, today I start getting this error msg within iTunes as soon as I try to send music to the Express ... "An unknown error occurred (-15000)".

I have done everything I can think of, up to and including;

* Check all s/w versions are up to date - they are
* tried to download latest Airport firmware, mine is apparently already up to date
* Did a soft reset on the airport Express
* Did a complete reset

All to no avail.

As usual, the Apple Support site is completely useless.

Does anyone know what is going on?

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
I am pulling my hair out and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased an airport Express a couple months ago. Fantastic. Use it to wirelessly stream music from my laptop iTunes to my stereo. No problems. Out of the blue, today I start getting this error msg within iTunes as soon as I try to send music to the Express ... "An unknown error occurred (-15000)".

I have done everything I can think of, up to and including;

* Check all s/w versions are up to date - they are
* tried to download latest Airport firmware, mine is apparently already up to date
* Did a soft reset on the airport Express
* Did a complete reset

All to no avail.

As usual, the Apple Support site is completely useless.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Have you tried resetting the airport express by taking a small pen and pushing in on the small grey button on the back of the airport express for about 10 seconds until the light starts to blink? This will reset the airport express to factory. You will have to set it up again though.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
thanks chasemac - yes, I have - that's what I ineptly referred to as a 'complete reset' in my OP. I did a full hard reset restoring it to factory settings, and then reset it with new settings - and am still getting the same error. I am absolutely stumped, and there is no info on the Apple site, nor do they offer email resolutions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.