Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I just uploaded one of my dvd's to my mac with this program. How do i get it to play? Is there any more software needed to do anything with coding?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
JzzTrump22 said:
I just uploaded one of my dvd's to my mac with this program. How do i get it to play? Is there any more software needed to do anything with coding?
If there's a VIDEO_TS folder associated with that DVD on your hard drive, you can tell DVD Player to open it, and it'll play just like any other DVD. That's all I know though - any other questions, and I'll need to do some research.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Hey thanks a lot, that worked great. Now if i were to burn this to a dvd, how would i do that. Just burn the whole folder that contains everything for the dvd or just that one individual folder you mentioned.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
JzzTrump22 said:
Hey thanks a lot, that worked great. Now if i were to burn this to a dvd, how would i do that. Just burn the whole folder that contains everything for the dvd or just that one individual folder you mentioned.
The method I've learned is making a disk image of the entire DVD folder of type CD/DVD master, then burning the image using Disk Utility's "Burn Image" command.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
2 things need to happen, it needs to be compressed to 4.4gb and it needs be be burned as a dvd-rom(UDF) in a program tantamount to toast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.