Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
So does anyone on here have an Ebay store where they could buy the nice purple candyshell case and the brown and pink one and sell it in their store? I really want those colours but they are exclusive to AT&T and I'm in Canada. Anyone? :)

nexedzero

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
well you can try ebay or have someone pick one up for ya and mail it to you or email speck sales team maybe since your international they can sell you one directly. But i havent seen any reatilers selling the att exclusive ones

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
well you can try ebay or have someone pick one up for ya and mail it to you or email speck sales team maybe since your international they can sell you one directly. But i havent seen any reatilers selling the att exclusive ones

Yeah I tried ebay, that's why I was posting this to see if someone could add it to their store. Oh well I have that link from appleguy I'll just keep checking that site and hopefully they'll come back in stock. Those cases are so sweet. Have a Barely There on the phone right now and it's just not protective enough...I drop stuff alot so need something with a bit more padding :).

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Argh, they won't ship to Canada!! Why?

Thanks though for looking, obviously your searching skills are way better than mine as I never got that guys/girls listing when I went on ebay.

I'm actually going to read the next one I give you. lol
brb with edit.
EDIT: I actually cannot find anything. MAybe you could pm that seller and ask him nicely?

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm actually going to read the next one I give you. lol
brb with edit.

Lol, no worries. I probably should just be patient Speck will eventually sell the other colours to everyone. Hate waiting...stupid free case isn't being mailed until September 27th!! At least I got the Barely There it'll do for now.

Thanks again for your searching...much appreciated :)

Edit: Good idea, I will PM him
Update: Messaged him and he replied that he'll sell it to me but...looking at the pic of the case I think it's one of the old ones with the flash problem as it looks like someone has coloured the camera area black..or is that how the revised one looks? Anyway am having doubts after reading some of the feedback. I'd rather it came in packaging.

mcagayat

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
So does anyone on here have an Ebay store where they could buy the nice purple candyshell case and the brown and pink one and sell it in their store? I really want those colours but they are exclusive to AT&T and I'm in Canada. Anyone? :)

I live in Canada and went to Sherway Gardens to look for a case last night and this case was in EVERY store! lol

They had the black $34.99 and white ones $39.99.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
I live in Canada and went to Sherway Gardens to look for a case last night and this case was in EVERY store! lol

Really, would you mind mentioning which stores at Sherway? I want to grab one tonight. Also do you know if its the revised ones with the larger camera cutout? Thanks.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
Lol, no worries. I probably should just be patient Speck will eventually sell the other colours to everyone. Hate waiting...stupid free case isn't being mailed until September 27th!! At least I got the Barely There it'll do for now.

Thanks again for your searching...much appreciated :)

Edit: Good idea, I will PM him
Update: Okay done...lets see what he says.

Advice is dont buy from the SPECK website.. I bought their candyshell last year for my iphone 3G. The case was 50% off. So it was like 15$.. Now the shipping and brokerage fees alone costed me 45$..

The case at the end cost me 60$.. I also had it shipped to Canada. Stay away as they use Fedex with brokerage fees crap.. I was really pissed and wanted the charges fixed but they said they didnt want to hear it as they are not liable for duty fees.. When in fact they were mostly brokerage fees (lazy guy sitting at fedex fee)

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB

Yeah but if you read my post I want the purple one :p.

Are you sure the ones you saw were for the iPhone 4? I haven't seen any candyshells of any colour in stores. Not saying you didn't see them but if you could tell me where maybe I could at least get a black one online and put a purple skin on it.

Edking4

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Just went to my local att store and they had 4 colors in stock of the new revised case.

mcagayat

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Yeah but if you read my post I want the purple one :p.

Are you sure the ones you saw were for the iPhone 4? I haven't seen any candyshells of any colour in stores. Not saying you didn't see them but if you could tell me where maybe I could at least get a black one online and put a purple skin on it.

they're pretty much in all the stores; rogers, telephone booth, wireless wave, telus, bell...I'm 100% sure that it was for the iphone 4 because I was looking for a case for mine and that one was one of my top choices

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Argh, they won't ship to Canada!! Why?

Thanks though for looking, obviously your searching skills are way better than mine as I never got that guys/girls listing when I went on ebay.

Ask the seller really nicely if they'll make an exception for you. I always say no intl shipping, but if the buyer has excellent feedback I usually do it. If you have low or bad feedback don't bother tho. LOL.

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
they're pretty much in all the stores; rogers, telephone booth, wireless wave, telus, bell...I'm 100% sure that it was for the iphone 4 because I was looking for a case for mine and that one was one of my top choices

I dunno, not even Amazon is selling them, they're on backorder and only the US is getting stock of them. Or maybe it's just that Alberta isn't getting any...strange though.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the advice. Picked one up at Fairview Mall at the Telephone Booth store. Its the old version, so I have contacted Speck support that the case camera cutout interferes with the flash and they agreed to send me a revised version once production issues are sorted out. This will do for now as I am a huge fan of the Candyshell design (had one for my 3GS).

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
FYI, the new revised version actually will not be available for another 2-3 weeks still. All versions that are available now are the old ones that interfere with the flash pictures. Once they new ones are available, then you will likely have no problem with finding them.

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
FYI, the new revised version actually will not be available for another 2-3 weeks still. All versions that are available now are the old ones that interfere with the flash pictures. Once they new ones are available, then you will likely have no problem with finding them.

Ahh TY for that info, I will wait then till they fix the problem :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.