Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lgreenberg

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Chester Springs, PA
Anyone remember the Rhinoskin line of cases for the Palm Pilot?

Reminds me of that.

Attachments

• rhinoSkin.jpg
    rhinoSkin.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 668

mavrick1903

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
to each their own. I like it, but I also like the 3g(s) cases from Element Case too.

My only problem with this one is how much you'll look like you're playing Star Trek when you flip the lid open to talk on the phone.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Definitely not my style but the guy is at least honest and/or more intelligent compared to the Element Case people.

http://www.ryanglasgow.com/LtdTools_i4Facts.html

He states that "All metal cases can affect your reception.....A few people won't be able to use the case at all"

This is as opposed to the Element Case folk who, in their faq state:

Q:Will the Vapor case improve my signal?

A:It may or it may not. We don't make claims that it does.

Who the hell thinks that a metal case is going to "improve" the signal??

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I thought the Incipio Destroyer was overkill. This could probably double as a melee weapon too from the looks of it.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
someone i know that works in construction field and is out and about, etc... ordered this thing. i don't know what to think :eek:

JohnnyHorror

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
If the lid opened a full 360 degrees instead of just 180 I might consider this. But it looks ridiculous with the lid open when u need to make a call.

StrongArmmed

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
Miami, FL
Nah, son...

The beautiful minimalist architectural design of the iPhone4 becomes grotesquely Terminator3-ish with this "case."

Reminds me of what it'd be like to live on the "Invidia" map of that Archetype game on the iP4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.