Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
The application Siri Personal assistant is amazing! I know Apple just purchased the company and it really opens the iOS potential to another level.

How long before you hold the home button for voice control and you're able to ask your iPhone ?G for plane tickets, a cab, restaurant reservations, tickets to a show or game, directions, and still be able to call someone, play artists?

I hope they allow you to compose and send a text through pure speech also. (lol texting with speech, welcome to 2010-2011 haha)

Unlimited potential and I'm excited for the future.

:apple:

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm sure that Apple will turn Siri into some kind of iPhone concierge, just with a lot more polish than the current app.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
I think when they combine Siri with Voice Control they'll go even further: text to speech, universal voice search, etc.

On the subject of Siri, Jobs said that Apple did not get into the search business and that Siri was an AI company.

There won't be a specific list of voice commands; you just speak what you want it to do naturally: launch an app, compose an email, search the web, and so on.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
images

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.