PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4, fm radio tuner addon or app out yet?

markm75
Aug 10, 2010, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know of a way to get a fm tuner on the iphone 4 at this point.. or is this still in development, app wise?

I've heard it has the tuner built in this time..

I'd need this mainly for going to the gym, where to hear the in gym tv stations you need a tuner etc..

Thanks

JajoPGH
Aug 10, 2010, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know of a way to get a fm tuner on the iphone 4 at this point.. or is this still in development, app wise?

I'd need this mainly for going to the gym, where to hear the in gym tv stations you need a tuner etc..

Thanks

try ooTunes

vincenz
Aug 10, 2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe the iheartradio app? There's no tuner in the iphone.

markm75
Aug 10, 2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks

EDIT: i did find this iFM device, not sure if it works on the iphone4 or not:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ERT46W/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BRJDB4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1A3AVQTAQ6Q0JDHTC9TH GC17088 $30 shipped

Sir Ruben
Sep 7, 2010, 03:24 AM
Apparently one of the iPhone's internal chips is capable of true FM (rather than streaming radio apps). I think even the 3GS can do it. Plus its built in to the new iPod Nano.

Last I heard Apple were developing an official FM app which will enable the iPhones FM capabilities. However the delay revolves around the fact that they are trying to implement a feature that lets you buy the song you are hearing directly from the app store.

LSUtigers03
Sep 7, 2010, 11:21 AM
Last I heard Apple were developing an official FM app which will enable the iPhones FM capabilities. However the delay revolves around the fact that they are trying to implement a feature that lets you buy the song you are hearing directly from the app store.

When did you hear that?

spamdumpster
Sep 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
When did you hear that?

Read the first few links/articles here (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=iphone+3gs+fm+antenna#hl=en&safe=off&q=iphone+3gs+fm+antenna+%22radio+app%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=82ac607828e860c2).