Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
There is a small pinkish spot on the crt of my eMac. I heard that things may cause interference and i was wondering if my router could do it? I also have a cordless phone right next to it along with an external hard drive.

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
I had stuck a magnet on the TV when I was young. The same exact thing happened.

I guess it degaussed itself, as after a couple of days/weeks, it was gone.

Macs self-degauss, unlike PC monitors. Every so often, the screen "rumbles". This is the degaussing process. Give it some time and it should be OK.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
can only agree to the last post , forced reboots of the eMac a couple times and you should hear a noise coming from the rear end and this pink spot should disappear , the crt creates a magnetic field basically and normally it should demangnetise itself on every reboot ...two of my eMacs do it , but one of mine has the same problem in green every so often , but holding the powerbutton to force a reboot 2 or 3 times makes the green spot disappear again :)

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I reckon its one out of two things:

1. There is a magnetic force near your eMac. Try moving the eMac to different rooms in your house and see if the pink spot changes.

2. Your CRT is dying. You'll sometimes get bits of the CRT go pink or green when the CRT is dying :( Although sometimes it just goes away on its own. Like my 13 year old TV: A few years ago it got pink around the edges and I thought it was on its way out... But in a couple of weeks it came right again!

:DGood luck!

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
I reckon its one out of two things:

1. There is a magnetic force near your eMac. Try moving the eMac to different rooms in your house and see if the pink spot changes.

2. Your CRT is dying. You'll sometimes get bits of the CRT go pink or green when the CRT is dying :( Although sometimes it just goes away on its own. Like my 13 year old TV: A few years ago it got pink around the edges and I thought it was on its way out... But in a couple of weeks it came right again!

:DGood luck!

I think that I'm Just going to send it back and get another one because I just received that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.