Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
I am always buying these $80 car adapters for my iPod Classic 80G, and they always bust up. I've had them fall apart in my hand, fall apart pulling it from the lighter thing, die, and now I have one skipping. I have to position it in certain directions to make it work for some odd reason and it's pissing me off. These have all been benklens.

Can someone recommend a better one for me. I've got no clue what one to get, and I just want to listen to my music in the car.

Please help,

-Caleb

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
are you talking about a FM radio transmitter? If so I have not found any that worked WELL especially if you live in an area with a lot of radio stations covering most frequencies...

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
are you talking about a FM radio transmitter? If so I have not found any that worked WELL especially if you live in an area with a lot of radio stations covering most frequencies...

Luckily I don't live in a place with many radio stations, but yes I do use a FM radio transmitter. Thats got to be the only thing Jefferson Iowa offers, because it sure as heck doesn't have anything else lol!

What kind of radio attachment to your ipod to do you use?

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I use a Belkin TuneCast II. I've had it for years and years. I live in an area with tons of radio stations, so finding a clear one is almost impossible.

However, there is one tip that works extremely well.

Remove your car's antenna. That's right... just unscrew it (might need a wrench if it's tight). Put it in your trunk or something so you have it if you need it. But for me, as long as I have my iPod with me, I never want to listen to the radio, so it's no big deal for me. As soon as I removed the antenna, it eliminated most of the signal competition coming into the car. Now I am on 89.3 all the time. I never have to change it or find a clearer station. Works awesome.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
I use a Belkin TuneCast II. I've had it for years and years. I live in an area with tons of radio stations, so finding a clear one is almost impossible.

However, there is one tip that works extremely well.

Remove your car's antenna. That's right... just unscrew it (might need a wrench if it's tight). Put it in your trunk or something so you have it if you need it. But for me, as long as I have my iPod with me, I never want to listen to the radio, so it's no big deal for me. As soon as I removed the antenna, it eliminated most of the signal competition coming into the car. Now I am on 89.3 all the time. I never have to change it or find a clearer station. Works awesome.

That sounds like a good deal, but I'm sure the old man would have an absolute fit if his antenna was removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.