PDA

View Full Version : Returning my iPad Keyboard Dock???

CarboysDesire
Aug 10, 2010, 03:44 PM
I bought the iPad keyboard dock and a USB power adapter when I ordered my iPad, thinking I might need/like them.

I never opened them, and as I've now had the iPad for 3+ months I am thinking I'll never use them. I called Apple and they were totally nice and are allowing me to return them.

So now I'm naturally (?) having second thoughts, LOL.

If you have a keyboard dock, do you love it? Why? When do you use it?

AND, when I search on Ebay WHY are they selling for more than I paid at Apple.com??? I paid $69 plus tax but on Ebay they sell for more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Brand-New-Apple-iPad-Keyboard-Dock-Worldwide-/330426953137?pt=Laptop_Docking_Stations#ht_500wt_897

$93 plus $8 shipping. :confused: :confused: :confused:

sracer
Aug 10, 2010, 03:55 PM
I bought one on launch day. I really like mine even though I don't use it everyday. I like it because I prefer the portrait orientation for working on documents, I like the iPad-specific keys that are only on the iPad keyboard dock (and NOT on the Apple BT keyboard), and I like the ability to use a BT mouse in conjunction with the keyboard dock.

There is a BT mouse driver available for those who have jailbroken their iPads but will not work with the BT keyboard simultaneously.

thearmagh
Aug 12, 2010, 12:06 AM
I didn't like it due to not fitting with 2+ covers...I bought the Bluetooth keyboard and separate stand that allows landscape. Forget the brand but that stand was at apple store...

christianinri
Aug 18, 2010, 12:57 AM
I bought one a few days ago and use it all the time. If I'm writing emails and such and doing my Pages documents I like using the physical keyboard.

patp
Aug 18, 2010, 10:24 AM
does auto correct work on the keyboard/stand combo?

it doesn't work on the bluetooth keyboard :confused: