Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
Right...

If i connect the VGA port on my graphics card to an analogue VGA to DVI Adapter and then use the DVI to Video Adapter from apple to connect to a TV....

Will it work?

please someone say yes :)

...and mean it!

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
It might work, but its going to look like *****! Every adapter you go through diminishes the quality of the picture.

I believe there are USB or FW to TV adapters available. Look around, or perhaps someone else can name what I'm talking about.

Schools use these all the time, so they're out there.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
You could get a cheep PCI video card with video out, and use it in conjunction with the video card already in your mac...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If the TV has an analog RGB port, check the manual -- it'll probably need an VGA cable.

attachment.php

TBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
MacFan25863 said:
You could get a cheep PCI video card with video out, and use it in conjunction with the video card already in your mac...

All the video cards for the mac are expensive, over £100 easy. So not an option. Will be double checking the tv but as far as i know it's oly scart at the back but i have a S-video/composite to scart adaptor for that.

TBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
MacFan25863 said:

Or do you mean that ANY PCI graphics card can be used in a mac??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.