PDA

View Full Version : WoW Effect! Re WoW Effect?

IDANNY
Nov 27, 2004, 08:48 PM
I have been using macs all of my life. My post is about the WoW effect. Do you think it ever Really fades. I just started using one of our old ibook's and cubes. The ibook is a graphite colored one. The cube has a 17 inch apple screen. When I used to use the ibook I got tired of it but since I started using it again I am still wowing and the cube is just wow. Has anybody ever lost the wow effect and just threw away/ sold there computer after some time of getting a new one. Not selling cause you need the money or want the money. Just because you dislike the computer.

dobbin
Dec 1, 2004, 08:46 AM
I still wow about my cube even though I sold it over a month ago. wow it was a cool computer.

My new ibook is great as well, and technically more useful than the cube, but it doesn't really have the wow that the cube had.

evildead
Dec 14, 2004, 02:47 PM
I have a Mac+ still and there is no way I would sell it. I have sold a Mac IIvx and a G4 Quick Sliver but that was for Money to buy the next Mac (currently a G5 iMac). I gave my Rev-A iMac to a girl I dating at the time.... but I think that was because of her WoW factor.

-evildead

Nermal
Dec 27, 2004, 04:00 PM
OK, am I the only one who thought that this was about World of Warcraft?

skunk
Jan 8, 2005, 09:06 AM
OK, am I the only one who thought that this was about World of Warcraft?
Looks like it :)

I think "Wow!" every time I pass my hand over my Cube to wake it up or put it to sleep. And the G3 Powerbook still wows me as a piece of design. All my ex-Macs get passed on to my kids.

LimeiBook86
Jan 10, 2005, 11:03 PM
Looks like it :)

I think "Wow!" every time I pass my hand over my Cube to wake it up or put it to sleep. And the G3 Powerbook still wows me as a piece of design. All my ex-Macs get passed on to my kids.

I have the WOW effect every day I use my PowerBook. It does what I want with some style. I like the way it thinks, just like me :)

zwida
Jan 28, 2005, 10:19 PM
A genuine wow moment today. I was working on some small, everyday little project with a client for whom my every action on the machine was a minor miracle. Watching her react reminded me how genuinely cool the beast in front of me really is. Sure, primarily it's a tool that allows me to do my job, but there's passion and attention to perfection in there that seems worth pausing to appreciate.

So, WOW dual 2.5. And thanks for kickin butt for me.

job
Jan 30, 2005, 01:24 PM
i went from an imac dv with 128mb ram to a 1.25ghz emac about 6 months ago...

my upgrades have always had a really big wow factor, since they are so far apart.

hah and yeah, nermal, i thought this was about world of warcraft when i saw the title too.