PDA

View Full Version : Best full body iPad Protector

i-Want-Apples
Aug 11, 2010, 02:29 PM
I've had my iPad for almost two weeks now and in that time I've been researching protectors for the iPad. My head is starting to spin :eek: with all that I've been looking up and more importantly I want to get the iPad protected before anymore time passes. So, I've decided enough waiting, let's get this thing ordered. But, before I do, I need some recommendations from my fellow iPad users. From all my research I've pretty much narrowed it down to four options, they are:

BodyGuardz - This is what I used on my iPod Touch as well as my Blackberry. I'm happy with how it looks on the iPod Touch, it applied easily and looks great. However, I was not as happy when I put it on my Blackberry a few months ago. It was much more difficult to install and the skin is already starting to yellow, while the skin on my iPod is over a year old and has not yellowed at all. I'm not sure what the difference would be, but in my opinion the quality isn't as good as it was when I first started using their products, could just be me though.

Wrapsol - I've never used the product, but I've heard good things about it. I did see a few negatives, but overall, everything was positive.

Fusion of Ideas Stealth Armor - While I like all the protectors they have, I just want the clear. I like the look of them, but the regular look of the iPad is still my favorite. These seem like they are very high quality and I like the fact that you don't have to use any solution to apply the back, because that is what I have been looking for. However, I'm not sure if they offer any sort of a lifetime guarantee and if I'm understanding the site correctly it would be $65 or so to get the full body protection. If that is the case, I'm thinking I may get their protector for the back and Power Support for the front since it is almost the same price, but I wouldn't have to use any solution at all.

SGP Incredible Shield - I actually hadn't heard of this one until I started looking around on the forums for reviews on the Stealth Armor. One reason I'm kind of leaning toward SGP is because their customer service seems to be really good and I know for a fact that they have lifetime guarantee. Again, I like all their products, but will just stick with the clear. The only problem with them is deciding which of the clears to get :D

The other protectors I was looking at was Zagg, which always seems to get good reviews, however, I'm not sure I really want to deal with the orange peel feel. Also, as I mentioned above, the Power Support screen protector is appealing to me because of the dry application, but if I can't get a back that also has dry application it kind of defeats the point.

Of course, there are still a lot of other options, i.e Belkin, Speck, etc. but I haven't really found any reason to go with them over another brand and haven't found as many reviews as the ones I've listed.

So, I think that pretty much covers it, if you have used any of these products and can help me with my decision I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks for any help!

gigaguy
Aug 11, 2010, 06:11 PM
I put a power support matte on the front and a SGP Carbon on the back.
IMO, Fusion of ideas is Way overpriced, and I hate Zagg's sticky, tacky gummy feeling.

Sounds like you'd want side coverage too. BestSkinsEver is clear and covers all sides- back, sides, and front. $19 but it uses solution.
I take it you don't want a slip on case for the back? some TPU cases are fine and are grippy and absorb some bumps.
monoprice has decent ones for $5.

i-Want-Apples
Aug 11, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info!

I'm leaning toward just getting SGPs since the price will be the most competitive. I really like their skins with the design, i.e. the carbon fiber and leather, but at the same time I just really like the look of the iPad as is and don't really want to cover it up.

I agree, Fusion's seems to be over priced. At first I was thinking it was $45 for the entire package, but it seems that is just the back and I don't think they have lifetime guarantee, so I think they are pretty much out. Their stuff looks nice, but I don't think it is worth the price... I've never used Zagg, but after reading reviews about the texture I know it isn't something I want.

Thanks, I will look into BestSkinsEver, I have not checked them out yet. I believe the full body protector from SGP includes side coverage as well, but it is always good to have some alternatives.

I'm actually planning to get one of the cases from monoprice. I waited a little too long and missed out on the clear, so I'm kind of waiting to see if they get more in stock before ordering another color. I think what I want to do is have a body protector for the iPad, then have a TPU case for any situation that would need it and then for traveling and storing in the house I plan to keep it in a soft case... I found one that is a little larger than what I need, but it came with a really nice foam insert that I could use to put in between the iPad and a keyboard or whatever I might want to take along. So, that is my thinking for now. I may get a nicer, more expensive case down the road, but I just want to see how I use the case and things like that first.

Thanks again for the info!

I put a power support matte on the front and a SGP Carbon on the back.
IMO, Fusion of ideas is Way overpriced, and I hate Zagg's sticky, tacky gummy feeling.

Sounds like you'd want side coverage too. BestSkinsEver is clear and covers all sides- back, sides, and front. $19 but it uses solution.
I take it you don't want a slip on case for the back? some TPU cases are fine and are grippy and absorb some bumps.
monoprice has decent ones for $5.

gigaguy
Aug 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
The 2 monoprice TPU clears I got were more frosty than clear, but I think others got clear ones from them. My smoke one was clearer. I ordered these, oh 6 weeks ago or so.

i-Want-Apples
Aug 11, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hmmm... interesting. I like the idea of being able to see through the case to the iPad. I'll have to think about it now and decide what to do, I may just get a colored one to match the sleeve I have to put it in.

Thanks for the info!

The 2 monoprice TPU clears I got were more frosty than clear, but I think others got clear ones from them. My smoke one was clearer. I ordered these, oh 6 weeks ago or so.

KameronBriggs
Aug 12, 2010, 01:36 AM
try best skins ever.

i-Want-Apples
Aug 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
Two votes for Best Skins Ever, so that is pretty promising. I'm not sure why I never looked into them much during my research.

It looks like they don't offer a lifetime guarantee, so that would probably be the biggest drawback, but it is also a lot cheaper. I may give them a try, they have a 30 day guarantee, so it seems like I don't have much to lose.

Thanks for the info!

try best skins ever.