Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seveneleven95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Ok. So last Friday I went to Walmart and bought myself an iPod Nano 8GB. But now I realized that it's battery doesn't really last that long so I began to look into the iPod Classic. I know that has a 36 hour battery but I think it may have WAY too much capacity for me. I barely fill up 6GB on my new Nano. But the bottom-line is, my major concern is the battery. But is the iPod Classic really worth the $100 more for +12 hours of battery? :apple:

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Ok. So last Friday I went to Walmart and bought myself an iPod Nano 8GB. But now I realized that it's battery doesn't really last that long so I began to look into the iPod Classic. I know that has a 36 hour battery but I think it may have WAY too much capacity for me. I barely fill up 6GB on my new Nano. But the bottom-line is, my major concern is the battery. But is the iPod Classic really worth the $100 more for +12 hours of battery? :apple:

Well, if you're planning on having alot of movies, TV shows and the like, the Classic is an excellent choice. You may only have about 6GB of music now, but it may grow in the future. I'm surprised how quickly my library has grown in the past year, eventually getting to the point where I sold my iPod Touch and used the money to buy a refurbished iPod Video.

If you're disappointed with your Nano's battery life, see Apple's documents on iPod battery life:
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

seveneleven95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Well, if you're planning on having alot of movies, TV shows and the like, the Classic is an excellent choice. You may only have about 6GB of music now, but it may grow in the future. I'm surprised how quickly my library has grown in the past year, eventually getting to the point where I sold my iPod Touch and used the money to buy a refurbished iPod Video.

If you're disappointed with your Nano's battery life, see Apple's documents on iPod battery life:
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

Your response has changed my mind but I keep seeing all of the things my iPod can do like shoot video, listen to FM radio, and it has internal speakers. Do you ever think that they will release a Classic with camera/speakers/FM Radio?

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Your response has changed my mind but I keep seeing all of the things my iPod can do like shoot video, listen to FM radio, and it has internal speakers. Do you ever think that they will release a Classic with camera/speakers/FM Radio?

I sure hope so. Right now, I'm just hoping they'll even continue the Classic when the annual iPod updates roll around next month. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.