PDA

View Full Version : Here is the source code to my LED strobe light, ENJOY!

NickVellios
Aug 12, 2010, 02:35 AM
As I do with all my apps, I am releasing the source code to iStrobe. iStrobe is a free LED strobe light and flashlight utility for the iPhone 4.

It was fun to write, so I hope you have fun learning from the code.

http://www.vellios.com/istrobe/

Feedback is much appreciated!

fishkorp
Aug 12, 2010, 10:35 PM
I'm sure many folks will find it useful. Thanks for sharing.

NickVellios
Aug 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks!

Oh, and App Store reviews are welcome, good or bad. Your feedback will help me with the next release so critique away! :)

jcbrown
Aug 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
How about adding alarm clock function to iStrobe App? Flashing light alarm clock for the hearing impaired. I disdain blaring radio alarm clocks.

:apple:

Nsutton
Aug 15, 2010, 10:06 AM
How about adding alarm clock function to iStrobe App? Flashing light alarm clock for the hearing impaired. I disdain blaring radio alarm clocks.

:apple:

How would you see if your sleeping and your eyes are closed? :confused:

Anyway I always like looking over source, I think it helps me learn Cocoa so thanks for sharing!

NickVellios
Aug 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
How would you see if your sleeping and your eyes are closed? :confused:

Good point. It may come in handy in other situations though when you need to be alerted of a given time and are awake and can't make much noise. Secret ops mission maybe?

irwcll94
Aug 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
As I do with all my apps, I am releasing the source code to iStrobe. iStrobe is a free LED strobe light and flashlight utility for the iPhone 4.

It was fun to write, so I hope you have fun learning from the code.

http://www.vellios.com/istrobe/

Feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks for this. I also read your post on iphonedevsdk so it looks like your trying not to leave anyone out :D

NickVellios
Aug 16, 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for this. I also read your post on iphonedevsdk so it looks like your trying not to leave anyone out :D

Ya, I usually post my code to multiple forums to make sure it gets good visibility.

jcbrown
Sep 9, 2010, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Nsutton;10841983]How would you see if your sleeping and your eyes are closed? :confused:

Conditional reflex. Same way you can hear when not listening.