PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Player app?

Corsair.Noir
Aug 12, 2010, 09:59 AM
On my desktop VLC is without a doubt my favorite video player but it's currently not available on the iPad :( So short of that happening what are the best video players available? Which ones allow for various file types to be played?

arctic
Aug 12, 2010, 10:30 AM
Play different file types? I know a couple: yxplayer and oplayer. Sorry I don't own any of those so I'm not sure how they compare. Perhaps somebody can chime in. The oplayer seems to have pretty good iTunes feedback, though.

I myself am looking for a full featured video player that can play point-A-to-B-repeat within a file. Also slow-motion and the likes. Perfect for sports videos. Too bad the native app is too basic.

VideoBeagle
Sep 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
I've done some tests/comparisons of several of the video apps available for the iPad.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1012979

i-am-waiting
Sep 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
iPod.app (harhar vereeee funneh)

OpenStreamer i think is what vlc4iphone is now called, i don't know about iPad compatability.

VideoBeagle
Sep 13, 2010, 10:50 AM
iPod.app (harhar vereeee funneh)

OpenStreamer i think is what vlc4iphone is now called, i don't know about iPad compatability.

It's rumored that a native VLC iPAD app will be released this week, pending Apple approval.