PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox Commuter and Sleeve?

pdhahn
Aug 12, 2010, 10:40 AM
I have the Otterbox Commuter installed and I'm looking for a simple protective sleeve to slip my iPad into when I transport it. All the ones I'm seeing say they're 9.7", but the iPad with the case is closer to 10"

Has anyone with the Commuter found a sleeve that fits it nicely?

r3voLoLwuT
Aug 12, 2010, 11:51 AM
Although I don't have the otterbox, I'm using a Targus Netbook sleeve I got at best buy for my iPad. I didn't want to pay $50 for an iPad sleeve, so I got a $25 netbook sleeve. Works perfect. It is made for netbooks up to 10.2", so it should work for you.

pdhahn
Aug 12, 2010, 02:36 PM
Awesome, I might give that a try. Even though this thing feels really safe in the Otterbox I would just feel better having something to slip it into before I throw it into a book bag or something.

prot0type
Aug 12, 2010, 05:10 PM
As long as the sleeve fits up to a 10.2 netbook, you'll be fine. In fact majority of the netbook sleeves out there should fit w/out a problem especially if you're using a commuter.

Might want to check best buy if you need something quick and from someplace local. Also, consider getting a sleeve that also has a pocket for miscellaneous accessories like a sync cable or stand.

iCrizzo
Aug 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
I bought a Swissgear netbook sleeve at Wal-Mart for $19.99 and it works great. I also have mine in the Apple iPad case and it fits great.

good luck!

prot0type
Aug 12, 2010, 08:53 PM
If it's the swissgear gear that also has a pocket I had that same one from walmart. It definitely did the trick.

Decided to get a new one when I gave it to my gf. Now I use a swissgear from best buy, has a few more pockets including one big enough for a bt keyboard and has stowaway handles. Nifty.