Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kikedeolivos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi all,

Is there an IR receiver in the new/current Mac Mini? I do have the aluminum remote that use with my Macbook (white Oct.08)

I'm asking because I've read the specs and couldn't find it.
If yes, where is it located?

Thanks

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It does. I think it is right next to the optical drive slot. And on the Server models its just in the upper right part of it.

kikedeolivos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
It does. I think it is right next to the optical drive slot. And on the Server models its just in the upper right part of it.

I was thinking on getting the regular one, not the Server version. Weird thing is I couldn't find any info on the matter.

Thanks

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
if you look at the apple store page for the mini, you can imagine that both the server (dot) and the regular (dot at the right edge of the optical slot) are in the same place.

if you look at the gallery shots, the front face shot, you can just make out the receiver by looking at the bottom edge of the optical slot. you will see silver all the way across until the receiver at the very right edge. best of luck.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Mac mini Server

2s6smtf.png

Mac mini

original assumption
2ebvmlj.png

corrected information*

wjy37.png

* thanks to 4JNA

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
Thanks, but why is it "invisible" on the Mac mini but not the Server?

they are actually in exactly the same position on both, but on the standard mini, it's tucked into the optical slot, so it's really hard to see in pictures. black receiver in a black slot, receiver camo!

in person/hands on, its really easy to see.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
they are actually in exactly the same position on both, but on the standard mini, it's tucked into the optical slot, so it's really hard to see in pictures. black receiver in a black slot, receiver camo!

in person/hands on, its really easy to see.

Thanks again, I remember the part about the IR receiver being in the slot now.
I will update my post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.