Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaaay

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Hi guys, i want to know what you think is the best screen protector in the UK at the moment, really fancied a wrapsol or something, but shipping charges are waaay to high, ideally i want the front and back covered. Your views guys?

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Personally, I got the SGP ultra crystal EX (front back and sides) and I can't see how you could do much better.

So clear you really can't see a difference with it on, and the cutouts are tighter cut than most. That means you need more care lining it up, but it looks much better once done. It's smooth to the touch and seems relatively scratch resistant so far.... Zero complaints here!

You can buy them off eBay in the uk.

The power support protectors were great on my last iPhone too, so those are another option. Can't really go wrong with them.

Jashmid

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Ditto on SGP. I bought Zagg from Amazon. But it's just God-awful. Replaced the front with SGP Oleophobic and back with EX Ultra Crystal (both purchased from eBay). Will replace the back with one of the matte films when available (either EX Ultra Fine dry application or Ultra Matte wet application).

Quality comparison between the two brands will be just ridiculous. SGP is superior in every aspect: feel, look, installation, packaging... Plus, you get a lot more choice of film types: matte, clear, oil resistant, dry/wet application and so on. Reviews/photographs are available here. Just search for the brand/type that you're interested in.

In terms of quality, I'm told Power Support matches SGP products. But it's not available here in the UK. Not yet, anyway.

Do not bother with ANY of the unknown brands sold in High Street stores.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I've heard Phone Devil is good, and it's a UK company so you'd probably do better on shipping.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Don't get the Speck ones. As much as I love their cases, their screen protectors are crap. They scratch like hell. Also I don't think Zagg has great customer service, I think that was the word on the streets? :confused:

Jashmid

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I was thinking http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SGP-Incredibl...ple-iPhone-4-/170507844374?pt=PDA_Accessories ?

Anyone who's ordered one been hit my import duties? If so, how much?

AVOID US sellers at all cost. Firstly, USPS is worse than the Royal Mail. International shipping takes sometimes up to three weeks with no tracking info what so ever. Recorded USPS delivery is as expensive as the product itself. Secondly, almost always you'll end up paying import duty. I've had +£1000 camera lens shipped from HK without any problems. Zero import duty. But it's as though UK customs has a grudge against USPS packages. I once had to pay £8 for a $5 T-shirt! Ridiculous! :mad:

SGP's official UK reseller is UK_mac4u (accepts warranty claims, etc.). Bought my Oleophobic from him and it arrived within 24hrs. keepincaseshop has good ratings too. Though I never bought anything from him. So, don't take my word for it!!

neilem

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
I have two "3-piece" power support front and back films on eBay UK. No reserve or starting price, doubt it's going to get its value worth when I continually get asked for a Buy It Now at £12 - sigh.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
ive used SGP's ebay store twice using the cheapest shipping option $3 or something, and ive always received it within 1 week.

i cannot fault them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.