PDA

View Full Version : Phototshop express

nalk7
Aug 12, 2010, 09:45 PM
As you may or not know the Photoshop.com app for the iphone has been rebranded Photoshop express, and is now compatible with the iPad. However whenever I try opening the app it keeps on sending me to goodreader, and showing me a promotional .jpg about fixing images with Photoshop, anyone else experiencing this? Or know a walkaround?

Edit: nevermind, I found a way. If you're experiencing this, just be quick and hit the accept button before it sends you to goodreader

Blakjack
Aug 12, 2010, 11:26 PM
Photoshop for iOS is dead compared to filterstorm

peterdevries
Aug 13, 2010, 03:00 AM
As you may or not know the Photoshop.com app for the iphone has been rebranded Photoshop express, and is now compatible with the iPad. However whenever I try opening the app it keeps on sending me to goodreader, and showing me a promotional .jpg about fixing images with Photoshop, anyone else experiencing this? Or know a walkaround?

Edit: nevermind, I found a way. If you're experiencing this, just be quick and hit the accept button before it sends you to goodreader

Mine opened Photogene.. Quite annoying.

tails101
Aug 13, 2010, 03:05 AM
Abobe have added this advisory to the app info... might be of assistance.

"We have received reports of some users having difficulty launching the application on an iPad in landscape orientation with certain productivity and printing applications installed. We are investigating these reports. In the interim, you can work around the problem by launching the application in a portrait orientation on the iPad. We are continuing to investigate and will post an update to address these issues as soon as possible."

TraceyS/FL
Aug 13, 2010, 04:25 AM
Abobe have added this advisory to the app info... might be of assistance.

"We have received reports of some users having difficulty launching the application on an iPad in landscape orientation with certain productivity and printing applications installed. We are investigating these reports. In the interim, you can work around the problem by launching the application in a portrait orientation on the iPad. We are continuing to investigate and will post an update to address these issues as soon as possible."

Well that is something I never would have thought to try....

TraceyS/FL
Aug 13, 2010, 06:27 AM
You know what is funny is that last week I had a friend email me a couple of pictures, I cropped one of them last week and emailed it back to him.

I just tried to bring the same picture into this version, and it says it is too big! So it worked on the iPhone version on the iPad, but now the version that is supposed to work on the iPad won't open a jpeg from a 50D.

Ok then. Next.

jediistar
Aug 13, 2010, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know of an app for iPad that allows for watermarking of images? Does Photoshop?

poloponies
Aug 13, 2010, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know of an app for iPad that allows for watermarking of images? Does Photoshop?

Impression:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/impression/id364597384?mt=8

gatearray
Aug 13, 2010, 09:21 AM

Agreed, Filterstorm is the gold standard of iPad photo editing, and the new update recently is pretty amazing... RECOMMENDED!!!

Mac In School
Aug 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mine opened Photogene.. Quite annoying.

LOL. Same here. Opening in portrait mode works.

arctic
Aug 14, 2010, 12:45 AM
What TUAW has to say:

Photoshop Express for iPad is the spawn of the devil, avoid for now (http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/13/photoshop-express-for-ipad-is-the-spawn-of-the-devil-avoid-for/)

:D

shadowness
Aug 14, 2010, 03:02 AM
It works flawlessly for me, all the filters works, no crashes, no opening other programs. Nope. Nada. perfect. but rather somewhat simple when compared to filterstorm or photogene

Jaro65
Aug 16, 2010, 02:14 PM

I also use Filterstorm. Not sure what Photoshop is bringing to the table that is new.

Hrothgar
Aug 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
I downloaded photoshop express yesterday. No problems at all.

However, after I edit a picture, it saves it to a "Saved" album on the iPad. Anyone know how I can get this folder to my Macbook so I can upload to Facebook, etc?

jordanogrady
Aug 18, 2010, 04:02 PM
I downloaded photoshop express yesterday. No problems at all.

However, after I edit a picture, it saves it to a "Saved" album on the iPad. Anyone know how I can get this folder to my Macbook so I can upload to Facebook, etc?

Plug it into your mac and upload via iPhoto! It does this automatic!

Hrothgar
Aug 18, 2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks. Between iPhoto and Canon Digital Photo Pro, I have a hell of a time finding my pics.