Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrUnkn0wn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ok, so I have a macbook 2,1. The graphics card is an intel 950 gma. Bad peformance on games, so I would like to get a different one. My main question is, My old computer on which I still have, broke. But the graphics card is still working because it was not related to it breaking. I do NOT know what card it was specifically, but It was a Nvidia card. That's all I know. Unless someone knows what card is on the Compaq Presario F500, because that's my old computer. Is it possible to put that card in my macbook? If any more details are needed, then ask. And I know someone who if it is possible, can put it in.

MrUnkn0wn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
No. The Macbook's graphics card is not replaceable, its part of the main logic board. The best thing to do is sell your Macbook and purchase a more recent one. The one's with the 9400M or 320 nVidia cards can play most games.

So then If I have the option on an ati card from another macbook, I cant?

MrUnkn0wn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Ok bringing this thread back to life. There NOTHING I can do about this? Not replace anything?

MrUnkn0wn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Nothing has changed. No, there is nothing you can do short of selling your MacBook and buying a newer one.

Jeez, your always everywhere to answer questions.... Now, is an ati card from about a 2008 macbook (I don't know the exact card) better than an intel 950 card?

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
MrUnkn0wn said:
Jeez, your always everywhere to answer questions.... Now, is an ati card from about a 2008 macbook (I don't know the exact card) better than an intel 950 card?

I do seem to be around a lot, don't I? MacBooks had, gma950, intel x3100, nvidia 9400m, nvidia 320m. The 9400m is ok for gaming (about the same as an ATI X1600) and the 320m is even better. Look for an early 2009 MacBook or later.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence

Just about anything is better than the 950. But the 9400m in mine is decent, I can play Sims 3 at mediumish settings @1680x1050 with reasonable performance on my monitor. 320m is a good bit better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.