Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james6000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
UK
Is this possible? I've decided to bootcamp win7 on my macbook pro due to numerous discussions showing that gaming just works better on the windows platform and its just frustrating not letting the machine reach its full potential.

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
As far as I can tell, there's no need to, the save information is saved on Blizzard's servers. All you have to do is login and pickup where you left off.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
As far as I can tell, there's no need to, the save information is saved on Blizzard's servers. All you have to do is login and pickup where you left off.

The saves are not stored on Blizzards servers.

Yes you can copy your saves between Mac and Windows though. I moved mine from my Windows box to my Mac after my Windows box blew up.

Rayek

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Halifax
They have some type of cloud service, but I think it's only after you have completed a mission that it saves you progress.

The saves you do manually during a mission etc, can be transferred manually.

james6000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
UK
So autosaves are separate/differ from the manual saves that I make?

I've located some (relevant?) files in the Applications>Starcraft II>Campaigns folder, are these the ones I should transfer?

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
They have some type of cloud service, but I think it's only after you have completed a mission that it saves you progress.

The saves you do manually during a mission etc, can be transferred manually.

Ah, that would explain it. I didn't do too much playing on Windows; all I know is that I did a clean install on a Windows machine, logged in and it remembered my rough location in the campaign.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.