Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMac19

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Pitt
Sorry if this has been beat to death, but i have searched in earnest without finding the answer I'm looking for...

QUESTION: Will an Airport Express share a broadband internet connection - that is 1 IP address - with multiple computers, both mac and pc; XP pro & home?

My situation- i am moving to an apartment with three friends, all of us have newish laptops. 1 powerbook, 1 ibook, 1 Sony Vaio with XP Pro and 1 misc. PC with XP home. (all have wireless cards) We are arranging to get broadband cable internet access, which will provide us with one ip address. I already have an Airport Express - So will it really be that easy, is AP Express the magic answer that will let us all be online, as well as stream AirTunes and share a printer, dispite the three different operating systems?

Thank a million in advance.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Yes.

Plug Airport Express into the wall, plug the broadband connection into the Airport Express, plug the stereo connection kit to your stereo, follow setup instructions, and go.

It is standards-based 802.11g, and supports older 802.11b, so both Macs and PCs will be able to connect.

Enjoy.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
emw

I second that emotion. It behaves the same way as any other wireless router., plus you get AirTunes and USB printer sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.