Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hikeNM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hello all,

I bought an :apple:TV yesterday and brought it home.

Created a network with my iMac by going to sharing in system prefs and starting internet sharing.

Everything synced to the :apple:TV just fine.

I go to watch a movie I've purchased on the iTunes store, and the "Authorizing" screen shows itself.

Uh oh, I think cause I've never been able to share an internet connection from my iMac to any other computer. I'm using Verizon's usb internet connector. And sure enough, no go for watching the movie since it can't authorize.

Is it possible to "Authorize" any of my iTunes Store content if the :apple:TV doesn't have an internet connection?

Thanks in advance!

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
Hello all,

I bought an :apple:TV yesterday and brought it home.

Created a network with my iMac by going to sharing in system prefs and starting internet sharing.

Everything synced to the :apple:TV just fine.

I go to watch a movie I've purchased on the iTunes store, and the "Authorizing" screen shows itself.

Uh oh, I think cause I've never been able to share an internet connection from my iMac to any other computer. I'm using Verizon's usb internet connector. And sure enough, no go for watching the movie since it can't authorize.

Is it possible to "Authorize" any of my iTunes Store content if the :apple:TV doesn't have an internet connection?

Thanks in advance!

Nope. Need the Internets (as spoken by ex-prez Chaney, uh...I mean Bush)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.