Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yparadise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Hi all,
I will get my iphone 4 in next few days. I was wondering can I just buy a bumper from AT&T store and get the rebate from apple afterward?
http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/

I don't wanna wait for another week (or maybe longer) to get my free bumper. Will it work?

Thanks in advance.

jgayman

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
They pulled it out from the store.

I don't quite understand why they've done this. It's fine to offer the Bumper for free with new purchases but why pull them from the shelves? Didn't they think someone may need a replacement Bumper? Or perhaps you decide later you would like a different color. Or... you initially chose another case and then later decide you like the Bumper.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Nope, ain't gonna happen.

Best bet is pick up a cheap ebay case from a USA seller to hold you over until you get the bumper. Probably be smart to order a screen protector as well.

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I don't quite understand why they've done this. It's fine to offer the Bumper for free with new purchases but why pull them from the shelves? Didn't they think someone may need a replacement Bumper? Or perhaps you decide later you would like a different color. Or... you initially chose another case and then later decide you like the Bumper.

They did it to fulfill all the orders from the free case program. After Sept 30th, they will start carrying cases in the Apple Store...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.