PDA

View Full Version : Power Support Retail Store

qpid360
Aug 16, 2010, 11:54 AM
Has anyone actually been to the "retail" store in Burbank, CA? Everytime I call, no one picks up so I don't want to waste a drive there if it doesn't exist.

If anyone's been there, can they install their screen protectors for me? I have no problem doing it for the iPhone, but don't want to risk getting dust during the iPad install.

Thanks.

christianinri
Aug 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
You might be calling at an off time? Anyhow they're only open M-F from like 10-6 from what I recall.

They do have every item in store that you would need. They also do installation there as well. $2 for iPhones, $5 for iPads.

qpid360
Aug 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I've called during normal business hours to no avail but I'll drop by some time this week.

malbright
Aug 16, 2010, 04:10 PM
I've been there a number of times. They're very friendly and helpful and will install your screen protectors perfectly.

christianinri
Aug 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
I can vouch on the installations. The girl installed both my iPads with antiglare films, no problem. I only saw two particles of lint, which she removed after I pointed them out.

PBG4 Dude
Aug 18, 2010, 01:45 PM
I can vouch on the installations. The girl installed both my iPads with antiglare films, no problem. I only saw two particles of lint, which she removed after I pointed them out.

Wow, that's really cool. Wish there was a Power Support store closer than the next state over. :D

robby818
Aug 18, 2010, 02:42 PM
Here's a pic of the store in this thread. They have inconvenient hours so call ahead:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=981938&highlight=

qpid360
Aug 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
Went there today to get the crystal film on my iPad. Service was terrible. The girl working there was glued to something she was watching on her laptop. No greeting, had an attitude as if she just wanted me out of the store so she wouldn't be bothered.

I ended up getting the film installed. One speck of lint but whatever, I didn't wanna put up a fuss. I probably should've done the install myself.

Built
Aug 19, 2010, 08:37 PM
Went there today to get the crystal film on my iPad. Service was terrible. The girl working there was glued to something she was watching on her laptop. No greeting, had an attitude as if she just wanted me out of the store so she wouldn't be bothered.

I ended up getting the film installed. One speck of lint but whatever, I didn't wanna put up a fuss. I probably should've done the install myself.

Sad to hear that. I was thinking of going in there to have them put on my iPad PS, and my iPhone 4 PS (front and back).

The original iPad PS came with glue all over the shield (came from the poor way they package the shield). They were great about sending me a replacement, though.

malbright
Aug 19, 2010, 09:22 PM
I am sorry to hear that too. I've been in the store 3 times, each time buying and doing installs, and they were always attentive, courteous, friendly and professional.

I wouldn't let that one experience scare you off the place. I'd give it a chance.

Built
Aug 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
I was up in Hollywood selling off some of my DVD collection at Amoeba Records (they were just taking up too much space), and decided to take a short drive up to the Power Support Store in Burbank.

I brought my iPad and iPhone 4 along with me, as well as the crystal films for each. I have always done my Power Support installs myself (2 iPhones and 2 iPod Touches), but have been so busy with work, etc., I just haven't had the time to devote to do a good job.

What a great experience. The young lady at the store was attentive, and had the Crystal Films applied perfectly in no time...all for 7 dollars. Of course, I could have done this myself...but it was worth the very small investment of time...and worth sparing me the frustration.

I HIGHLY recommend the Power Support Retail Store in Burbank to anybody who wants their film applied perfectly. I know that I will keep it in mind for any future installs I have to do. What a great service. So glad they have a store relatively local to me!

malbright
Aug 25, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yep, that was my experience too. Great service. Friendly. Attentive. So worth it.