PDA

View Full Version : iPad wins EISA award

alphamale
Aug 16, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mobile Devices Awards 2010-2011 (http://www.eisa.eu/awards/5/mobile-devices.html)

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 best smartphone

Jaro65
Aug 18, 2010, 02:03 AM
It was surprising not to see an iPhone among their several phone categories.

Abstract
Aug 18, 2010, 05:01 AM
I'm not. Have you used the Samsung Galaxy S?? It's an amazing phone. I haven't used an iPhone 4, but it's similar enough to the iPhone 3Gs (with the new iOS) that I doubt a "test drive" of an iPhone 4 would convince me otherwise.

The iPad does deserve its award though. :) One reason is because there isn't any real competition for it at the moment. The other reason is because it's a good product.

R94N
Aug 18, 2010, 05:33 AM
I think it's pretty awesome how Microsoft was pushing tablets for ages, to no avail, and then Apple comes along with their tablet and wipes the floor with everyone; pulling in buyers who aren't/weren't even Apple fans before.

Jaro65
Aug 18, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm not. Have you used the Samsung Galaxy S?? It's an amazing phone. I haven't used an iPhone 4, but it's similar enough to the iPhone 3Gs (with the new iOS) that I doubt a "test drive" of an iPhone 4 would convince me otherwise.

I have not used the Galaxy S phone. It does look great though. From my perspective, my iPhone is so much beyond being just a phone. With all the applications I have installed on it, the device is simply a part of so many activities I do on a day-to-day basis. It really wouldn't be that easy to replace it with another device.

iJohnHenry
Aug 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
With all the applications I have installed on it, the device is simply a part of so many activities I do on a day-to-day basis.

This is a serious question.

Were these activities already part of your daily routine, of have you been "conditioned" to include them now that you have an iPhone?

Abstract
Aug 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
Some people don't produce enough gas to fart on their own. "There's an app for that".