Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zinger314

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I have both, and the second tone of the White Bumper doesn't feel like the rubber that the black one does, and it has much less traction.

Does that make it less secure in the event of a drop?

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I have both, and the second tone of the White Bumper doesn't feel like the rubber that the black one does, and it has much less traction.

Does that make it less secure in the event of a drop?

You might wanna change your question, it says white bumper twice. An yes the black bumper has more of a grip and is a different material. Old news

nsbe1

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
no the white bumper is the same as the white bumper.

question answered.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
I am pretty sure it's related to color or dying production of the bumpers. There are slight differences in colors. I think the black is probably significantly different in composition than the rest of the colors.

AmpSkillz

macrumors regular
I got my GF a pink bumper first and I loved it (other than the color) so I was excited to get my black one but it sucks because it feels so damn rubbery, it's harder to slip in my jeans pocket and every day I have to wipe all the crap off of it because dust, pocket lint and hair cling to the damn thing

hers is fine

i also noticed hers fit better out of the box, mine is not as snug

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.