PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Clamshell iBooks

sigamy
Dec 1, 2004, 10:45 AM
I'm looking for 2 clamshell iBooks. Must be in good working condition and nice physical condition. Looking for 2 different colors.

Let me know what you have. Budget is $300 each, cheaper is better.

stepbasin
Dec 1, 2004, 11:13 AM
I am just curious, what are you going to use them for? You sound like a man with a plan and I was just wondering. : )

sigamy
Dec 1, 2004, 12:51 PM
These are for my 13 year old newphew and 11 year old niece. Their parents are buying, I'm just locating the machines for them.

They got tired of their WinXP computer flashing naked women up on the screen every 5 minutes. We bought my sister-in-law a snow iBook last year and the whole family can now see how much better Macs are.

They already have wireless in the house so if I can get decent ibooks with the kids can surf the web, do iChat to friends and not have to deal with spyware and viruses.

lacrossegoalie4
Dec 1, 2004, 05:17 PM
What a great plan! I hope you're able to teach the youth of our nation about good computers!

stepbasin
Dec 1, 2004, 06:18 PM
I have some stuff for sale on ebay under the name Stepbasin that you might be interested in. First, if the computers are for kids I have these 6 games for sale: Quake, Tomb Raider II, Warcraft, Full Throttle (NEW in package), Critical Path and Mad Dog McCree. All 6 games are selling for $15 if you are interested. You can look at it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5735146574&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Also, I recently upgraded my iBook (it was a 700 MHz G3) by putting more RAM in it as a result I have a 128 MB RAM chip that I don't need anymore. It would fit nicely into a clamshell I am sure. And since I just want to get rid of it I am selling it for $10. If you are interested in that you can look at it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5143880544&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Please email me if you have any questions.