PDA

View Full Version : No Valid Source

rayward
Aug 17, 2010, 12:28 AM
I've asked this question before, and not received a workable answer. I have (now) 3 movies - ripped from Blu Ray - that won't encode in Handbrake because, it says "No Valid Source". ********!

I have ripped dozens of movies from Blu Ray with Make MKV, an Handbrake has no trouble with them.

dynaflash
Aug 17, 2010, 09:09 AM
I've asked this question before, and not received a workable answer. I have (now) 3 movies - ripped from Blu Ray - that won't encode in Handbrake because, it says "No Valid Source". ********!

I have ripped dozens of movies from Blu Ray with Make MKV, an Handbrake has no trouble with them.
I am afraid without a pastebinned activity log from HandBrake it would be impossible to tell.

TxP
Aug 17, 2010, 01:20 PM

I usually have no trouble with MakeMKV'd Blus & Handbrake, however just the other day I ran into my first problem title with Fight Club. Same thing - HB was reporting No Valid Source even though the MKV played fine in VLC.

Re-ripped it in MakeMKV this time being sure to turn off all the extra audio & subtitle tracks leaving only the primary video and audio. HB was happy with the resulting file. Coincidence? Maybe, but it worked for me. YMMV.

ichaddy
Aug 17, 2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, I get this with about 40% of my Blurays.

I use TSMuxer on a Leopard OS'd MacMini to convert to a .mt2s file. Once you have one of these beauties Handbrake will love the file once again. Chapters are sometimes lost though - sorry.

Have fun!

rayward
Aug 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, I get this with about 40% of my Blurays.

I use TSMuxer on a Leopard OS'd MacMini to convert to a .mt2s file. Once you have one of these beauties Handbrake will love the file once again. Chapters are sometimes lost though - sorry.

Have fun!

Thanks ichaddy!

@dynaflash: I'm not sure there's any activity to report, as HB simply refuses to load the movie as a source. It's not falling at the first hurdle, it's not even getting off the blocks.

Kaiser Phoenix
Aug 19, 2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah I get this error all the time as well. Does it have something to do with Subtitles etc?

Bozley0621
Aug 19, 2010, 10:05 AM
:rolleyes:

lobby
Aug 23, 2010, 04:17 AM
:p
haha