Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tripledeuce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Hi everyone,

Never posted here before, I have searched around for awhile but I cannot find any answer for this. I have upgraded to 10.6.3 from a remote drive but I wanted to perform a clean install of this software to ready my MBA for sale, I have followed the instructions for clean installing but when I get to the part where I have to select a wireless network to join, my wireless network does not appear even though I was just connected to it before restarting the MBA.

Any suggestions? I have been trying to figure this out for over a week and I really don't want to sell it without having a clean install.

Thanks in advance

BTW I'm using an unsecured network between a Windows PC and the MBA.

halledise

macrumors 68000
Hi everyone,

Never posted here before, I have searched around for awhile but I cannot find any answer for this. I have upgraded to 10.6.3 from a remote drive but I wanted to perform a clean install of this software to ready my MBA for sale, I have followed the instructions for clean installing but when I get to the part where I have to select a wireless network to join, my wireless network does not appear even though I was just connected to it before restarting the MBA.

Any suggestions? I have been trying to figure this out for over a week and I really don't want to sell it without having a clean install.

Thanks in advance

BTW I'm using an unsecured network between a Windows PC and the MBA.

remote disc is a great concept, but somewhat flawed (and painfully slow) in practise. :rolleyes:
borrow an external optical drive from somewheres and do your wipe and install by holding down the 'option' key upon startup and selecting the external drive containing your Snow Leopard disc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.