PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps Logo

yaniv92648
Aug 17, 2010, 02:47 AM
Hi,
i used a UIWebView to open a google map url
for instance: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=32.56,34,58&z=15&hl=he
the problem is that the google maps logo that is supposed to appear at the bottom of the screen doesn't show and Apple rejected my app for it. the logo must appear and i don't know why but it doesn't. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Yaniv.

Luke Redpath
Aug 17, 2010, 06:12 AM
I've never used UIWebView to display a Google Map; wouldn't it make more sense to use UIMapView?

yaniv92648
Aug 17, 2010, 06:19 AM
it doesn't support maps in israel, the fastest and easiest way i found is to do in a UIWebView opening a url which is pointed by parameters to a specific location in israel, but i still don't understand how come the logo disappeared? how can u hide it anyhow? maybe through that i'll understand how to unhide it..

Luke Redpath
Aug 17, 2010, 08:06 AM
it doesn't support maps in israel.

Are you sure about that?

Using the built-in Google Maps application (which uses MKMapView, obviously):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570528/Mobile%20Photo%2017%20Aug%202010%2014%2004%2049.jpg

yaniv92648
Aug 17, 2010, 09:06 AM
perhaps it didn't then but now it does..
is it possible to present the same map u did in hebrew?

PhoneyDeveloper
Aug 17, 2010, 09:24 AM
Just a guess, maybe the Maps app uses the device's current locale to decide what language to display the map in. So if the language is set to Hebrew the map may display in Hebrew.

For the problem with google I think you need to look at the html for the web page to find out why it's not displaying properly. Does it display properly on MobileSafari? On the link you show I don't see the google logo. What I see is a Google copyright line on the bottom that is fixed in position while the map can be panned.

Luke Redpath
Aug 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
Just a guess, maybe the Maps app uses the device's current locale to decide what language to display the map in. So if the language is set to Hebrew the map may display in Hebrew.

That would be nice, but I suspect that's a bit optimistic as the road names will be part of the tiles and I'd be surprised (alright, only a *bit* surprised) if Google have a series of localized map tiles.