Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avicisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm the developer for Whiteboard HD which just came out for the iPad last week. The great reception and feedback we've gotten so far has been really exciting and we're working on an update with new content and functionality improvements. We'd love you guys to let me know what you think, request features, and let me answer any questions you have in this thread!

Here's a Quick Description:

Whiteboard HD is a full-featured interactive white board, perfect for corporate board rooms and work groups, classroom settings, training rooms for professional sports coaches, broadcasting studies and a ton of others!

You can make freeform drawings with the drag of a finger, and easily add pre-made shapes and lines with tap, pinch, and drag multi-touch gesture controls. There are grid or lined backgrounds, and you can import any image or diagram from your iPad photo library. Labels and text boxes can even be dynamically placed, sized and oriented to complement any image!

A few Screenshots:
CustomerFlow.jpg
TrafficFlowDiagramScreenshot.jpg
UMLScreenshot.jpg
Whiteboard_playbook.jpg
Whiteboard_shark.jpg

iTunes Description
Avici Software Web Site

Uhaa008

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Impressive first release

Lots of features for a first release. Easy to use, especially if you are used to Smartboards. The ability to group objects and then manipulate as one would be very useful.

David

avicisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Lots of features for a first release. Easy to use, especially if you are used to Smartboards. The ability to group objects and then manipulate as one would be very useful.

David

Keep an eye out for an update in the next few weeks, we have grouping out with our beta testers as we speak. We will also be adding support for using images as objects on a board, improve the touch handling and documentation plus about 20 other new features requested by our users.

Thanks for using Whiteboard HD!

neo-cd

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Very nice app!

It is possible to import Visio files? (.vsd) It will be very appreciated for people like me who works a lot in Visio to import a .vsd file and to modify it in the iPad :) !!

Thank you :)

avicisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Very nice app!

It is possible to import Visio files? (.vsd) It will be very appreciated for people like me who works a lot in Visio to import a .vsd file and to modify it in the iPad :) !!

Thank you :)

We are looking into adding support for SVG (which Visio can export to) input in a future release but we don't have any target date for that functionality yet. We are currently focusing on the creation side, we want to make sure the provide all the tools need for folks to create amazing diagrams right on their iPads.

With all that said, since we support using any image as a background you can export your Visio doc to an image and bring it into Whiteboard HD and draw or annotate right on top of it.

The next release adds the ability to place any image as an object on a board so you could also export any stencils or other items you commonly use in Visio as images and use them in Whiteboard HD.

mmb32

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
UK
No eraser?

Unless I am missing something, ther is no eraser or rubber unless you set colour to white. Am I right?

avicisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Unless I am missing something, ther is no eraser or rubber unless you set colour to white. Am I right?

Once you draw something on the board it can be interacted with by selecting it using the hand tool. When an object is selected you can use the Inspector to change any properties such as color, stroke width, font, etc... You can also perform a 2-finger tap (not a double tap) and get a popup menu that provides a number of other options including delete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.