Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netteen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
As we all know, a cell phone's life time is not more than 2 or 3 years, why you have to care some scratches,some dust? iphone4 is so slim beautiful finish, is there any case design and finish which can match iPhone itself? for the antena thing, simply use a bit of transparent tape,Why need a case to make the iphone4 ugly?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Cosmetic defects caused by general wear and tear reduce resale value. Apple users often rely on the resale of their devices to pay for future devices.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
Sorry, but I have a hard time taking anyone who says put a bit of tape on my phone seriously

Secruoser

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
You can take off its cover if your friend wants to see the phone up close, but otherwise having a cover all the time will protect your phone. If you want to show off to everyone on the street, then do it by using apps, but not making phone calls.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Some people (like me) like the look of an all-black phone. No chrome, no steel, just black.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
You didn't answer the question.

there is no exact answer. some think it's better naked some say a case is better. I dropped my 3gs a couple times O think the case protected it. I also like a good case. other like naked. I certainly wouldn't use tape on mine. there are tons of threads about naked or case this is just another version. and I love duct tape but I certainly think a good case looks better if the op feels duct tape is better that's on him, not me.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Honestly. I'm something of a perfectionist. Everythig I own I try to keep in mint condition. From my phone, my car. Whatever it is. If not mint, at least great as can be. This is such a nice phone to me I don't want one scratch on it, I won't let it drop. I can promise myself that but I am very careful. I rarely even set it on solid hard surfaces unless there is paper or something to lay it on. Like you I enjoy the beauty of the phone so I use a ghost armor full body wrap for protection that still shows the beauty of the full phone.

Once I get my incase snap case, it's going on quick. I also think at times, it's neat to have a phone that doesn't look like the next guys.

mytran80

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
Honestly. I'm something of a perfectionist. Everythig I own I try to keep in mint condition. From my phone, my car. Whatever it is. If not mint, at least great as can be. This is such a nice phone to me I don't want one scratch on it, I won't let it drop. I can promise myself that but I am very careful. I rarely even set it on solid hard surfaces unless there is paper or something to lay it on. Like you I enjoy the beauty of the phone so I use a ghost armor full body wrap for protection that still shows the beauty of the full phone.

Once I get my incase snap case, it's going on quick. I also think at times, it's neat to have a phone that doesn't look like the next guys.

Perfectionist? You sound like the Japanese lol j/k I'm the same way , we all need to appreciate the industrial revolution;)

Zephyic

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
simple reason...
to be unique... imagine walking on a street with 10-20 people using the same phone...

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
I like my phone to be inconspicuous, a phone with a shiny glass back and a chrome logo is not. Also, it scratches way too easily and a scratched up phone isn't that great looking anymore.

Artood2s

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
As we all know, a cell phone's life time is not more than 2 or 3 years, why you have to care some scratches,some dust? iphone4 is so slim beautiful finish, is there any case design and finish which can match iPhone itself? for the antena thing, simply use a bit of transparent tape,Why need a case to make the iphone4 ugly?

A friend of mine had a Droid Incredible and unfortunately dropped it on a sidewalk one day. Smashed the screen beyond reasonable usability. Fortunately, Verizon/HTC (don't know which has final say) allowed the phone to be insured and he got a replacement right away which he prompty bought a case for. ATT/Apple does not allow this luxury, so unless I have $600 to spare (or a little less for an easier fix), I'd get a nice protective case for mine.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
If Apple made the iphone 4 scratch resistent on the back surface, and it had no antennae problem, I would rock my iphone 4 without a case.

Seems like apple ipods and iphones are DESIGNED to necessitate a case, given how easily the back surfaces scratch. Who else had an ipod with the chrome back?

Scratches definitely make the phone look ugly.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Apple users are OCD.

That's all I hear on this board "OCD". I chose to cover my i4 because it just doesn't feel right in my hand without one plus the phone is very slick so it could easily slip out of my hand. I'm currently rockin a Speck GeoMetric case until Apple ships my Bumper.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Reception. Glass chips/breaks.

Things I didn't have to worry about with the 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.