PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Shipped!

crazylb1
Aug 21, 2002, 12:53 PM
Just to tell you guys, about 10 minutes ago I recieved an email form Apple telling me my order for 10.2 has been shipped! Looks like I could get it by Friday! (I had 2-day shipping) Yay! Has anyone else been notified?

Dignan
Aug 21, 2002, 12:58 PM
Nah, still waiting on mine...

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 01:01 PM
Damn it! Still..."Being Assembled" :(

Captnroger
Aug 21, 2002, 01:45 PM
Was this the $20 version or the full priced 10.2?

crazylb1
Aug 21, 2002, 01:58 PM
Yes this was the full priced version, sort of. I got the education discount but it's still the same thing. I ordered on the 14th of this month!:D :D :D

Geert
Aug 21, 2002, 02:11 PM
lucky bastard :p
most of us are still waiting.
I wish you a lot of fun with it

chibianh
Aug 21, 2002, 10:29 PM
woohoo! I just got an email saying mine shipped today, also! yay!

chmorley
Aug 21, 2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
Ditto.

Chris

Hemingray
Aug 21, 2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=134201

Has anyone else noticed that the "Being Assembled" icon still depicts an old beige G3 tower? "Retro". :p

(Or is that a tribute to how long it takes them to assemble it? :eek: :D )

Rower_CPU
Aug 21, 2002, 10:51 PM
Mine shipped too!

Hopefully it'll get here Friday...expedited shipping baby!

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 11:16 PM
Argh! Why is everyone elses getting shipped??? It's driving me mad! :p
Mines STILL "Being Assembled"....I don't know how many more people I can take saying "Mines shipped to!" before I go over the edge! :p :D

billiam0878
Aug 21, 2002, 11:36 PM
I'm still being assembled :(

Bill

big
Aug 21, 2002, 11:45 PM
stillllll being assembled. I know placing the disks in their sleeves are a hand full.

Jimong5
Aug 22, 2002, 12:01 AM
My "Version" of Jag shipped last night, in a special way :D

MacAztec
Aug 22, 2002, 12:11 AM
1999? I thought they were 1699...

I would have gotten the 166MHz Bus, just because....

But hell, thats about 5 times faster than my G4 400MHz!

MacBandit
Aug 22, 2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
1999? I thought they were 1699...

I would have gotten the 166MHz Bus, just because....

But hell, thats about 5 times faster than my G4 400MHz!

He purchased it with a superdrive and the ATI 9000 Pro.

irmongoose
Aug 22, 2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by billiam0878
I'm still being assembled :(

Bill

Are you being made at a factory?

;)

irmongoose

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 07:57 AM
is there any way to check the status of my order if i ordered it over the phone? when i check my online history it doesn't list it....

i guess i'll check the email and see... i haven't received a shipped email yet though... and i did get that email saying i'd get the tracking number and it'd be valid as of wednesday. so i don't know what's up...

edit: yeah, i found it... the other thing i ordered at the same time shipped awhile ago so it says "partially shipped" but really i have no idea how the jaguar end of the deal is actually progressing yet... dang!

crazylb1
Aug 22, 2002, 01:39 PM
when i started this thread I had gotten then shipped message from the mothership but Fedex still doesnt have my tracking number activated. :(

Did I get too excited too early?

big
Aug 22, 2002, 02:30 PM
I got my tracking number, & my order just shipped from CORDOVA TN, since I am in North Alabama, I might have mine tomorrow!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO

chibianh
Aug 22, 2002, 05:11 PM

WOW! Talk about service! Jaguar arrived at my door today!! I didn't even opt for express delivery! Shipped yesterday and it's already here.. AMAZING! Now I'm gonna go install it... woohoo!

big
Aug 22, 2002, 05:15 PM
yeah yeah,All I just got was update. which means it'll spend the night in Memphis

Left FedEx Sort FacilityMEMPHIS TN 08/22/2002 14:59 _
Left FedEx Origin LocationCORDOVA TN 08/22/2002 00:30 _
Pickup statusCORDOVA TN 08/21/2002 13:42 _Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

awrc
Aug 22, 2002, 05:17 PM
Still waiting. So much for receiving my tracking details by Wednesday or Thursday. So much for having it before Saturday. So much for paying $23.50 for overnight shipping.

I think, in retrospect, Apple shouldn't have made with the pre-charging of shipping and sending out the nice little e-mails saying people would get tracking numbers on Thursday or Friday. If I'd seen nothing until a ship notification next Monday, it would have been what I originally expected, so I wouldn't have been disappointed. However, all they seem to have ended up doing (in my case at least, I know others have tracking numbers and that some people have already received it) with pre-charging and telling people they'd get their copies in time is create false hopes that I might have it this week.

:(

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 05:36 PM
awrc- i hear you completely

i ordered it pretty late (like the 15th or something) and i wouldn't have expected it til saturday or more likely monday (or later)... but then the email. then... nothing. not even the tracking number yet... blah!

King Cobra
Aug 22, 2002, 05:42 PM
>(Jimong5) My "Version" of Jag shipped last night, in a special way :D

So your tracking number is 96118080476556317? Got it.
:D :rolleyes:

[Given this thread was about OS X shipping...]

I'm so curious to find out why so many people are willing to pay $129 (or get discounts) and are willing to post threads on it when originally many here wanted a free upgrade to Jaguar. :D :p

awrc
Aug 22, 2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I'm so curious to find out why so many people are willing to pay $129 (or get discounts) and are willing to post threads on it when originally many here wanted a free upgrade to Jaguar. :D :p

It's called "accepting reality" :D

awrc
Aug 22, 2002, 07:10 PM
Hmm, it gets better. The little pictures now show my item as "Shipped" (whereas previously it was just "Partially Shipped").

However, under the two copies of Jaguar in the actual manifest it says "No items shipped'.

So apparently my order has both shipped and not shipped. Seems Schrodinger's Cat was a Jaguar.

chmorley
Aug 22, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by awrc

It's called "accepting reality" :D Exactly. It's also further proof that Apple was right to charge for it. People were willing to pay.

Mine's installed. I am impressed.

Chris

Jimong5
Aug 22, 2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
>(Jimong5) My "Version" of Jag shipped last night, in a special way :D

So your tracking number is 96118080476556317? Got it.
:D :rolleyes:

[Given this thread was about OS X shipping...]

actually i cut the end of my # off, i dont know why, i just did.
the actual # is 9611808047655631732847
For the Lazy:
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=9611808047655631732847

szark
Aug 22, 2002, 08:35 PM

WOW! Talk about service! Jaguar arrived at my door today!! I didn't even opt for express delivery! Shipped yesterday and it's already here.. AMAZING! Now I'm gonna go install it... woohoo!

Lucky...looks like mine will arrive tomorrow.

Although the tracking information says it arrived locally this morning, but was "not due to be delivered" today. :confused:

Ah, well. Tomorrow I'll be happy! :)

awrc
Aug 22, 2002, 08:52 PM
Well, we finally got tracking numbers - it looks like it'll be here tomorrow.

However, some poor Apple Customer Service Rep is going to get an earful early tomorrow morning. We paid for next day service - which came to $23 for the two copies. They shipped it yesterday - second-day air. Second-day air shipping for two copies of Jaguar is $5.

Now, since it'll be here on Friday I've no real problem with them downgrading the shipping, as long as it gets here in time. What I do have a serious problem with is Apple pocketing $23 and then sending it via the $5 shipping option. They already charged the shipping on the 18th, which is handy as it'll thus be a separate charge on the card from the actual software.

We are going to get that extra $18 back, even if it means disputing the charge with Amex, just on principle. I wouldn't even have complained if they'd shipped it today so it'd get here tomorrow, but..grrrrr, think I need to go calm down.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 09:04 PM
awrc- did you order online or on the phone? also, did you get an email with the tracking #'s or did you call?

brogers
Aug 22, 2002, 11:09 PM
Finally got my shipping notice and tracking number. Looks like it will be here by tomorrow....GREAT. Apple site still has that partial shipment thing with the blue "No Items Shipped" verbage, yet it shipped yesterday.

br

billiam0878
Aug 22, 2002, 11:29 PM
Yea! Mine has finally shipped. Too bad I probably won't see it this weekend...

Bill

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 11:42 PM
mine shipped on the 21st and i just got the notice... i ordered 2 day but yet it was delivered (well, attempted delivery) today... so i will make sure i'm here to get it tomorrow... whoo!

TEG
Aug 23, 2002, 12:14 AM
Mine's Been Shipped (8-21) and left 8-22 @ 00:30 from a Fed EX Facility In Tennessee. I should have in my Hot little hands after my Social Sciences Class at 16:30. It will be installed imediately

TEG

awrc
Aug 23, 2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
awrc- did you order online or on the phone? also, did you get an email with the tracking #'s or did you call?

On the phone. Got the e-mail with the tracking number last night (i.e. Thursday night) telling me that it had in fact shipped on Wednesday.

Oh, and my bitching to Apple Customer Service (well, my wife's bitching, she's better at it than me) about them sending it 2nd day when we'd paid for overnight had results - we ended up getting the overnight shipping fee refunded.

TEG
Aug 23, 2002, 01:42 PM
Its 14:45 EDT, And I just Recieved Jaguar.

Will be installing after class at 16:30

TEG

crazylb1
Aug 23, 2002, 05:43 PM
Well I got my copy this morning, but I cant install it till I go back to my dorm. :( Which I won't be at till tomorrow morning cuz I staying at home so mydrive to the Aspen Grovestore will be closer.

I think I am still going to the comingout party justcuz it soundslike fun.

Anyone else going to be at the Colorado store?