Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Most of the rumor sites I have browsed all say that "sourses" claim there will be updates to the PowerBook at MWSF in Janurary '03.
If (which they'd better!) they update the PowerBook then what kind of specs would you expect from apple?
I hope for 1Ghz G4, built in bluetooth, maybe AirPort improvements (signal strenth), and if we were very lucky a superdrive...allthough I doubt it.
So what do u think? And what do you want from a new PB? Are you waiting for the next gen like I am before buying one?

Dignan

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Dont you think they should update the imac first? Or maybe have the imac at 933 and then the powerbook with 1ghz...that would make the whole pro/consumer thing have a better feel to it.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
powerbook

I would love to see Bluetooth built into the PowerBook (and all Macs). A SuperDrive would be really nice, but it would be extremely hard to put a SuperDrive in to a PowerBook and keep it's form factor the same. I think that 1 GHz is likely. I'll be waiting a couple years before I get a new PowerBook, maybe Sophmore year in college, I hope! :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by Dignan
Dont you think they should update the imac first? Or maybe have the imac at 933 and then the powerbook with 1ghz...that would make the whole pro/consumer thing have a better feel to it.

Nah.... stuff the iMac........ :eek: :eek: :p :p

I want dual processors...... 2x 1.25Ghz will do nicely......
Phat cooling system for the above......
Better graphics....
Super-duper battery life.....
Built in BlueTooth.....
Hard chrome finish.....
SuperDrive....
Seamless trackpad......
Even thinner.....

I'm waiting for the next revision before I update, although I'm hoping the next revision will include a 1Ghz chip........ :)

hippy

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2002
new power book

I hope they update before MWSF, I am itching to purchase a replacement to my ageing pismo g3 PB

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by iGAV

Nah.... stuff the iMac........ :eek: :eek: :p :p
My thoughts exactly! Why should a consumer desktop (and relativly cheap) be faster than a £3,000 Pro laptop which we all know they can quite easily stick (and probably allready have done) a 1Ghz G4 in.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by verbose101

My thoughts exactly! Why should a consumer desktop (and relativly cheap) be faster than a £3,000 Pro laptop which we all know they can quite easily stick (and probably allready have done) a 1Ghz G4 in.
I agree that they've probably already have TiBook's running at 1ghz over in Cupertino. But I think the next version of the TiBook will have the same type of DDR set-up as the PowerMacs. Perhaps even a 166mhz bus on top.

Plus it'll have all the other goodies.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002

Good point... the price premium on the TiBook is huge in comparison....... Apple really need to do everything to the TiBook that has just been shoehorned into the Power Mac....... well the bits that can be squeezed to fit......

And I still think that a Dual processored TiBook is technically feasible.......

*edit* :p essentially exactly what ftaok says above....... but with Duals please..... ;) :) :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by ftaok
I agree that they've probably already have TiBook's running at 1ghz over in Cupertino. But I think the next version of the TiBook will have the same type of DDR set-up as the PowerMacs. Perhaps even a 166mhz bus on top.

Plus it'll have all the other goodies.
DDR! How could I have forgotten that in my origional post :rolleyes: :D
1Ghz G4 w/DDR = One kick a$$ Ti :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002

DDR! How could I have forgotten that in my origional post :rolleyes: :D
1Ghz G4 w/DDR = One kick a$$ Ti :D

Lets double the fun...... 2x 1.25Ghz w/DDR = the absolute fastest laptop on the planet bar none....... ;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England

Lets double the fun...... 2x 1.25Ghz w/DDR = the absolute fastest laptop on the planet bar none....... ;)
LOL! That would be nice, but it's just not gonna happen....not any time soon atleast ;)
1Ghz G4 w/DDR is easily possible.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast

Apple will need to run a promo that includes asbestos pants with the purchase of that TiBook.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
get a cool enough running version of the g4 and then we will be there

ibook came with 14" inch screen
the powermac came with ddr
emac got superdrive
imac got 17" inch screen
ipod got price lowered and larger hd

tibook is next, with or without ddr

certainly by mwsf, they should be at 1 ghz,

...if not 1 ghz and ddr...that would be a monster:D

and add ati 64 mb video and we are there against the pc high ends

maybe later in 2003, we can see that dual processor tibook?

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by jefhatfield
get a cool enough running version of the g4 and then we will be there

ibook came with 14" inch screen
the powermac came with ddr
emac got superdrive
imac got 17" inch screen
ipod got price lowered and larger hd

tibook is next, with or without ddr

certainly by mwsf, they should be at 1 ghz,

...if not 1 ghz and ddr...that would be a monster:D

and add ati 64 mb video and we are there against the pc high ends

maybe later in 2003, we can see that dual processor tibook?

Finally, we'll give those pee-cee bums a run for their money! [insert sound of loud, evil laugh]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.