Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colder

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I highly recommend this case. It's rugged, rigid, the fit is precise. Best one I've seen out there.

My $.02

Edking4

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Well from what Ive used for the iphone 4 and past versions ifrogz always seems like a cheap product. The designs usually fall into the "lazy design" category for me. The lean being a minor exception because there basically is nothing to it..but its done right.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Well, not sure of the OP's reference but here is my favorite (so far) case for the iPhone 4: iFrogz Luxe Lean (Gunmetal)

g9vwwr

jpfjmc

8z02u0

lpvz66

ttnifi

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I have two of the gunmentals and I just ordered the blue one. Waiting to find a black one with the new flash cutout. One of the best "thin" cases out there.

bevo

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
had a ifrogz case. complete garbage. just got mt otterbox defender and free apple bumper case today. both are much better than anything ifrogz puts out there

iPhone3GCrazed

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Tried out the iFrogz Luxe in the AT&T store. I really liked it... didn't buy it because it was purple and I wanted black. However when I checked out their website, I discovered MyFrogz. So now I'm waiting for them to add iPhone 4 to MyFrogz (I was assured by a Customer Service Rep from iFrogz that there were currently plans to add iPhone 4 to the MyFrogz selection.)

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
had a ifrogz case. complete garbage. just got mt otterbox defender and free apple bumper case today. both are much better than anything ifrogz puts out there

NOT! I have the bumper and you can't compare it to the LuxeLean. Heck, I can connect my accessories with the LuxeLean on. As far as the Otterbox, yes it is a nice case but it is in a different category - it is a lot more bulky and hides the look of the iPhone 4.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
I thought it was as great case as well.. Until I dropped my phone. Ironic part of the story is that while I was dropping my ip4 encased in the ifrogz-garbage case, FedEx was pulling into my driveway delivering my Innocase Surface II Combo.
IMG_0051-1.jpg

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I thought it was as great case as well.. Until I dropped my phone. Ironic part of the story is that while I was dropping my ip4 encased in the ifrogz-garbage case, FedEx was pulling into my driveway delivering my Innocase Surface II Combo.

That can happen with any of the "thinner" cases on the market. It's a tradeoff you make between form factor and protection. It doesn't make the iFrogz garbage.

I had a SEIDIO innocase for my iPhone 3GS and after about a month it looked like crap and was beginning to crack around the areas where the two pieces connected. Good luck with that case.

dark5

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
That can happen with any of the "thinner" cases on the market. It's a tradeoff you make between form factor and protection. It doesn't make the iFrogz garbage.

I had a SEIDIO innocase for my iPhone 3GS and after about a month it looked like crap and was beginning to crack around the areas where the two pieces connected. Good luck with that case.

Especially since the case doesn't protect the front at all. Now if you had dropped your iPhone on the back of the case and its back cracked that's another story. Regardless, my condolences. :(

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010

Wow! That couldn't have been a normal drop. How high up was it dropped?

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
Especially since the case doesn't protect the front at all. Now if you had dropped your iPhone on the back of the case and its back cracked that's another story. Regardless, my condolences. :(

Actually it DOES protect the front of the case when holstered. Couple that with the fact that the Innocase case protrudes out a bit more in front versus the ifrogz so I have to believe that it would not have broken had it been protected with the Innocase. Who really knows, lol. I must have dropped my old 3Gs 30 times while protected with the very same Innocase II Surface Combo and it was never damaged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.