Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
So I've got a question for some of the smart folks here. I'm looking for a blogging solution with some specific requirements.

My wife uses a blog to post information for her students. Right now she's using iWeb '09, hosted on her MobileMe account, and overall it's a pretty crappy experience. So she's looking for a better solution.

One problem is that she's using a Windows box at school, so she obviously isn't doing the iWeb thing there. That means that she's not able to post to her blog until she gets home. So, first thing is that the software be cross-platform. I would actually prefer that it be web-based, so that there aren't issues if she does decide to post from home.

It also needs to be user-friendly. She's not the most technically inclined, and doesn't want to have to spend a ton of time learning new software. The iWeb level of interface is perfect for her skills.

Other preferred characteristics:

• Cheap or free.
    Can still be hosted on her MobileMe account.
    Flexible page layouts. Sometimes the posts are quite long, and iWeb has a nasty habit of putting footers in unfortunate locations from which I cannot find a way to remove them.
    Ability to post from iPhone?

I've been looking at various options, but I just don't know enough about what's out there, and what's compatible with what.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.