PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am the dumbest person on the planet

Backtothemac
Aug 21, 2002, 01:07 PM
Well, I just took the time to look through my PowerBook box from the new PowerBook that I bought last week. Guess what. There is Jaguar. Yep, I am the dumbest person on the planet. I am in love with it. It is fast, real fast.

iTunes fps went up 8 to 10 fps. I am pushing 50 now. Loving it. Anyone else have it yet?

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 01:12 PM
ROFLMFAO! hehehehe, how could you not notice you had Jaguar? Still, never mind, atleast you found it eventually you lucky %$?!@ :D
The rest of us poor souls will just have to wait a couple more days :(
What TiBook did u get? Did u see a big speed incrase between 10.1.5 (I'm presuming that is what was on it before u found jag) and 10.2?

Ooooops! Just read ur signature, so u got the 667Mhz.....sweet!

MacMaster
Aug 21, 2002, 01:20 PM
LOL!!!!!:D :D :D :D

dnte42
Aug 21, 2002, 01:22 PM
I'm still waiting for it thru the educational discount order, but I was able to bum a copy off of someone who bought a new iBook. So I get it a few days early. Haven't messed with the visualizer yet (but I will now) but honestly, I haven't noticed a lot of performance improvement. The most noticeable things were my Mail settings deciding they weren't going to work any longer and the Kensington drivers being incompatible :(. Oh well, it is fun.

Backtothemac
Aug 21, 2002, 01:31 PM
Yea,
667 with 512MB ram combo, 30gig, etc.

It is much faster, and I mean really, really faster than 10.1.5.

Word on a cold startup was about 3-4 bounces and then a few seconds before. Now, just 2 bounces and boom, there it is. iTunes, iPhoto, and iMovie, are all 1/2 a bounce.

MASSIVE improvement in networking with Windows systems. Also, all the features work as billed. Loving it. Can't wait to dig a little bit into it.

B2TM

The folder that it was in was upside down and I thought it was just warranty stuff. I was so excited about the PowerBook that I did not notice. :)

mcrain
Aug 21, 2002, 01:31 PM
Yep. LOL.

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 01:39 PM
So B2TM, did you update 10.1.5 to 10.2, or did you wipe and do a clean install of 10.2?
If you did update, did it all go smoothly? No problems?
I'm eager to know as I have my copy on order and when it comes I really don't want to wipe my whole system unless I really have to.

dnte42
Aug 21, 2002, 01:45 PM
I'm guessing that this is because I'm an idiot, but when I updated, I didn't get the option to do any kind of a wipe, only an upgrade (I had been thinking of a clean install, but no dice it seems). Anyhow, apart from the aforementioned e-mail and mouse issues, everything went beautifully, in about half an hour (probably less). One noticable differenc ein the install was that for once the optimization stage didn't take thrice the time of the rest of the install :D

Backtothemac
Aug 21, 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
So B2TM, did you update 10.1.5 to 10.2, or did you wipe and do a clean install of 10.2?
If you did update, did it all go smoothly? No problems?
I'm eager to know as I have my copy on order and when it comes I really don't want to wipe my whole system unless I really have to.

10.1.5 to 10.2

It was really, really smooth. I cannot believe that I am going to say this, but..... it is snappy. We have finally achieve snappyness :)

I am so impressed right now that I am overwhelmed. Let us know when you get your copy.

Hey, you have AIM? I am chuck_stacey@mac.com

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

10.1.5 to 10.2

It was really, really smooth. I cannot believe that I am going to say this, but..... it is snappy. We have finally achieve snappyness :)

I am so impressed right now that I am overwhelmed. Let us know when you get your copy.

Hey, you have AIM? I am chuck_stacey@mac.com
That's GREAT to hear! Bring on Jaguar! I can't wait!

Sun Baked
Aug 21, 2002, 01:58 PM
Nope, that honor is reserved for the living Darwin Award winners.

Backtothemac
Aug 21, 2002, 02:23 PM
Verbose, I added you, but I cannot see you. What gives? you online? The only person I can see is eyelikeart.

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Verbose, I added you, but I cannot see you. What gives? you online? The only person I can see is eyelikeart.
Yup, I'm online, we are talkin about AOL AIM arn't we?

Backtothemac
Aug 21, 2002, 02:33 PM
yea, I am using iChat. You may have to set your preferences to allow anyone to connect.

Is your username @aol.com?