PDA

View Full Version : Blender for beginner book?

bpl323
Aug 18, 2010, 11:47 PM
Any good suggestions on a Blender learn-to book for someone that hasn't really dabbled in 3D ever?

Thanks.

brucem91
Aug 19, 2010, 01:12 AM
Any good suggestions on a Blender learn-to book for someone that hasn't really dabbled in 3D ever?

Thanks.

I have the book entitled "The Essential Blender", and it is great. I no longer use Blender anymore (MAYA), but I will recommend it.

J the Ninja
Aug 20, 2010, 04:45 PM
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

^That's the more famous one, a wiki ebook of sorts. Just FYI, you might want to download the 2.5 beta instead of the stable version, the new gui is vastly more user friendly.

Angelo95210
Aug 27, 2010, 04:55 AM
I have Blender for Dummies, i like the 'Dummies' collection.

bartelby
Aug 27, 2010, 05:07 AM
Don't Blender produce their own book anymore?

chrono1081
Aug 29, 2010, 10:53 PM
I had a hard time finding blender books, so I switched to Maya. (Glad I did Blenders UI is a nightmare!) Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing blender, it was just hard to pick up with the little resources that were available online.

That being said, I would recommend maybe a Lynda.com subscription. I've always been a fan of their tutorials and prefer them to books. One month subscription is often cheaper then a book too. I know they have a blender course because I saw it recently and wished it was there when I was trying to learn blender.