PDA

View Full Version : Installing non-carbonized Starcraft?

Omad0n
Aug 21, 2002, 02:26 PM
hey guys, I just got my new computer, and I wanted to play some SC on it. So I put the CD in and tried running the installer, it opens clasic fine, but then tells me I need to run the installer from the CD. Any ideas on what to do? THanks a lot.

Macmaniac
Aug 21, 2002, 04:43 PM
You need to boot the computer to 9. Go to system prefs and select startup disk and put it on OS 9, then restart. Then install everything, then go to the Apple menu select control panels and go to startup disk and select OS X and reboot. Everything should be fine: To make gameplay better download the Carbon patch from Blizz. GL if u need more help post.

Omad0n
Aug 21, 2002, 05:58 PM
well I followed your plan and sadly it didn't work SC keeps giving me a fatal error. any other ideas or tips that i might be missing?

firewire2001
Aug 21, 2002, 06:14 PM
there are several patches at blizzards website (www.blizzard.com) including a Mac OS X installer for SC...

im not chure about you "fatal error"... but try the os x isntaller and see what happens..

good luck..

-f

scem0
Aug 21, 2002, 07:22 PM
I had that same error. It would give a fatal error when trying to sign onto bnet every once in a while. But for me it happened on OSX. I never did anything about it, it wasnt to hard to spend an extra 10 seconds re-opening SC. I dont know what to do if it happens all the time though. I would suggest getting WCIII :D.

Macmaniac
Aug 21, 2002, 08:12 PM
If u installed the carbon patch I have a simple explanation, make sure u dragged the entire contents of the Carbon folder onto the SC folder, also if u still have the menu come up before u play which offers volume and mouse controls u have a small tweak to make it work.
Check don't show again, it will crash.
Then launch again it should work. I hope this works if not reply back.

(Steals scem's pants);)

firewire2001
Aug 21, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
(Steals scem's pants);)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

what ARE you wearing?! man.. thats just weird!

Macmaniac
Aug 21, 2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by firewire2001

:eek: :eek: :eek:

what ARE you wearing?! man.. thats just weird!
Oh don't worry I am wearing clothes. This is an old joke that was around during the forming days of Macrumors. Please do not be alarmed!

Yoink! (Runs off with pants)